HybridZ

Rolled my rear end with new welder

big-phil

yes that is SWEET!!! I am going to make the rear panel like that except have it come lower to the ground about 2-3" to cover the gas tank.

I want my Z to be all metal too...no fiberglass...and very little bondo... just enough to fix the small problems...I am taking all the paint off my Z currently and now I see why the last paintjob was a "$1500" paintjob...more like $1000 of covering damage and rust and about $500 in a thin layer of paint and clearcoat...time to get buy a mm175...

I hate to be the pessimist here, but are the roll pans supposed to droop down in the middle as it appears in both pictures? Is that part of the "roll" of the pan or is it just something you can't get around. Personally I would want the bottom to be flat to match the lines of the bottom of the rear end.

Man' date=' that is CLEAN looking! Stunning job; I swear you make it look easy. I bet you can't wait to call it 'done'. Is that the last thing on the body to take care of? Nice work!

Davy[/quote']I need to finnish the side marker light removal

I hate to be the pessimist here, but are the roll pans supposed to droop down in the middle as it appears in both pictures? Is that part of the "roll" of the pan or is it just something you can't get around. Personally I would want the bottom to be flat to match the lines of the bottom of the rear end.
I did not do anything to the bottom of the pan I guess thats the way it is stock, I never thought of changing it but it might look good straight

I also welded (actaully had a friend do it) in panels from the rear to fill the holes. Big mistake doing this to a 75 model. I think they have the most holes of all of the early gens. Here are in progress shots;

http://www.desertzassociation.com/membersrides/Robert/75z/index.shtml

The "paint" is a catalyzied primer. I will run it like this until I have more funds in my paint budget.

Mine droops down in the middle to hide the gas tank.