HybridZ

MillerMatic 175

Some-Guy

Well guys iam goona bite it spend the 1500$ and buy a medium sized welder!

Iam goona get the millermatic 175 Anyone used this one? seams like a not to bad welder!

Let me know if youve used it and whats its like I have used a few millers and was happy with em this one seams like it will do everything ill need to do on the Z

ohhhh! iam gigdy like a lil school girl........

I also cant believe she said YES!

1500!!!!

AHH!!!

go to www.cyberweld.com and get one there...I don't know where you saw that price!!! I have two friends that bought a MM175 and 3 ft bottle of 75% argon/ 25% Co2 all for $900 new!!! with a cart, bottle and regulator!!! you could get a Miller 210 and some other stuff for that much!!

or you could buy a Miller econotig for that price

His price is Canadian (i hope)... I just bought the MM 175 from cyber weld for about 750 (no tax, no deliverly, incl cart). Have not used it yet but impressed with delivery time and cart quality. True Hobart is made my Miller however Miller is a little higher quality (different drive tensioner for one) I'm not sure if it justifies the cost difference or not.

Bottom line...for a hobbiest, cant go wrong with a Miller or Hobart

yes while the Hobart 180 is $675 the MM175 is $800 with a cart...who needs the cart???just build one and save $50-$75 lol

The infinite voltage control is very nice...and as long as you take care of the Hobart and don't get angry and throw the machine the plastic should not be a problem...

And thank goodness that was canadian...I was worried at where you were going to buy your welder...evil-mart or pep-boys or something...

I have the MM 175 and love it.

I just bought it at the beginning of last summer. I "test drove" a lot of welders before deciding on one. At first I was planning on a 120v welder. I tried several of these. Once I used a 230v welder though, I decided that it was money well spent... Particularly since I planned on doing some heavier work.

Oh yes... and I just went to the local welding supply store and asked them to match the Ebay prices... and they did. Came back two days later and they had the welder there for me.

I own a 175 (220V) and it is a great machine for the price. All metal drive assembly is better than plastic too. I work in a naval shipyard and we use 95% Miller products as do many production shops I know of. I owned a Econotig and it really isn't worth the money. Spend extra and buy a real tig like a 250 model. Oh yeah, drop the extra hundred for an autoshade shield. It is one of the best investments I've ever made!

Iam sure I didnt chuck it! i can always grind it out and start again! I dont break my tools there to expensive! Iam going to also get a new autoshade one I forget what kind we have at work but it is soooo nice.. opti or something like that its a swedish one.

In the meantime ill probly just be getting a standard one from harbor freight

Iam pretty much settled on the 175 now I just have to find a cheap one and iam laughin

well...even though you can grind and re-weld that does not mean it will be as good as the first weld...every time you weld you weaken the base metal so after so many times of welding, grinding, and re-welding the base metal will be too weak to be acceptable...lol...but Mig does not put as much heat into the weld poolas does stick or TIG...I am going to get a mm175 for the current time but I am saving for a Dynasty 200 DX...We have 2 of them at my welding school and they are AWESOME!!! they can do almost everything that a syncrowave can do but it is like 400 pounds lighter with a total weight of 45 pounds...plus you can hook it up to anything from 115volts all the way up to 480volts...