HybridZ

Picture of my trial fit. Ls1/ Datsun 510.

rustrocket

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would try to keep the cooling where it is. The main reason is that the radiator sits on the lower tiebar. You are pretty much forced to have the crank pulley behind that tiebar unless you fab a new one to create clearance. If the engine's not far enough back then you can't get the pulley off with the engine in the car, or even get a wrench on the bolt.

If the crank pulley is in back of the tiebar then you have enough room to fit a decent size radiator. I have a Griffin 16X29? in my car and it fits height and width wise. You can pick those up at Summit for under 200.00 and they are meant for a V8 to begin with.

I was looking at qwik240z conversion, was the crank pulley under that tiebar?

I would try to keep the cooling where it is. The main reason is that the radiator sits on the lower tiebar. You are pretty much forced to have the crank pulley behind that tiebar unless you fab a new one to create clearance. If the engine's not far enough back then you can't get the pulley off with the engine in the car' date=' or even get a wrench on the bolt.

If the crank pulley is in back of the tiebar then you have enough room to fit a decent size radiator. I have a Griffin 16X29? in my car and it fits height and width wise. You can pick those up at Summit for under 200.00 and they are meant for a V8 to begin with.

I was looking at qwik240z conversion, was the crank pulley under that tiebar?[/quote']

The crank pulley was behind the "tiebar" in my car. You could remove the pulley with the motor in the car. I had replace a broken harmonic balancer once.

I had a Griffin radiator in the car too. I think it was 22" X 13"

I agree with supra510, keep the radiator in the stock location.

• 10 years later...