HybridZ

SR20DET 240sx went 9.97 @ 146

Z-Gad

Just a heads up for you SR20 guys, I was down in Moroso yesterday for the races and helping out the guys from Mazworx in the pits. Mark Mazurowski built an SR20det powered 240sx to compete in the Sport Rear Wheel Drive category in the series. The car was just started for the first time a week ago. He didn't have any time to get the car on the dyno and was doing all of his tuning on the track. The 5th pass on the car ever, he went 9.97 @ 146 mph. His race weight is 2650... If you plug the mph and weight into the 1/4 mile calculator, that yields roughly 650 rwhp... He trapped 114 by the 1/8 mile!! This was turbo only (Greddy T88) and roughly 30 psi. He plans on running 40psi and making > 800 rwhp before all is said and done.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top qualifier in his class went 9.84

There are many classes with different rules, so it kind of allows people to be competitive. For instance, his class is limited to street tires, one power adder, 2600 lbs minimum for a 4 cylinder weighed after the pass, "stock bodied" cars (no partial chassis, no fuel cells, etc).

He is in the same class as the pink and white WRX the girl drives (she was the #1 qualifier). He intends to be atleast low 9's.

300zx Z32 5-speed

Guest ON3GO

so like i said Z32 5-speed it is for us L28 guys!

thats some very impressive times.

hope to bring my blue Z over there for a cage install sometime soon.

mike

Top qualifier in his class went 9.84

There are many classes with different rules' date=' so it kind of allows people to be competitive. For instance, his class is limited to street tires, one power adder, 2600 lbs minimum for a 4 cylinder weighed after the pass, "stock bodied" cars (no partial chassis, no fuel cells, etc).

He is in the same class as the pink and white WRX the girl drives (she was the #1 qualifier). He intends to be atleast low 9's.

300zx Z32 5-speed[/quote']

Thats what I wanna hear! I've already sourced mine i just cant afford it yet.

He was dq for not having wiper blades....... probly would have won.....DOH.....

Yup. I was with them today. He ran a 3rd-gen RX7 which redlighted and lost but protested because Mark forgot to install his wipers :roll: and NHRA DQ'd him. Did not matter since he broke a rocker but what a sore loser! Next event Mark hopes he lines up with the sore loser again and is not only going to have the wipers installed, he plans to make the pass with the wipers on :D

BTW, he is running the Z32TT tranny in case anyone doubts it strength.

Well let me ask this then, what ever happened with the adapter for the Z32 transmission, there was a huge thread on it, but it seems to have lost its fire.

Does anyone know if they are going to be produced or?

Well let me ask this then' date=' what ever happened with the adapter for the Z32 transmission, there was a huge thread on it, but it seems to have lost its fire.

Does anyone know if they are going to be produced or?[/quote']

the cad program is done and he is ready and waiting for orders. No one has ponied up any cash for the pieces. I talked with him the other day about getting just the adaptor. He said he would sell the adaptor + machining to z32 bellhousing for $300. Not bad if you ask me.

Mark is an old aquaintance from back in the days on okinawa tell him clint said Hi again and congrats on the badass build. he had a CA18 in japan that was putting over 400RWHP to the ground back in the early 90s.

the cad program is done and he is ready and waiting for orders. No one has ponied up any cash for the pieces. I talked with him the other day about getting just the adaptor. He said he would sell the adaptor + machining to z32 bellhousing for $300.[/color'] Not bad if you ask me.

That's not bad at all. Maybe a group buy for the adaptor and machining?

I'd be interested...I just need to get a Z32 tranny first.