HybridZ

Timeslip database

wigenOut-S30

Dr Hunt forget the turbos, forget the nitrous, forget the alcohol, Forget the fuel injection, Blowers, multable carbs. Don't see em in the 8's yet. Old tech sbc from 1955, single carb, on gas with a glide. 8.46. LOL...

J.T., you forgot to mention a minor detail, a near 2000Lb car. Hmmm, I wonder what Z-Gad or even me would run if we had a near 2000lb car :D :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Details, schmetails. We have a plan for Jap tin. Called Lead, see when he comes to SEZ, we have a bonus for him, 800 lbs of lead in clamp on configuration like the circle track guys do.

I like it!!!

Thats funny' date=' when I click on anyones DETAILS in the Timeslip database I see my homepage at the bottom. Does anyone else have that!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA:D

Terry[/quote']

Yeah, I meant to post about that - the link at the bottom goes to the viewer's homepage, not the person in the profile. Probably just due to a typo.

Well' date=' after he races at 2800lbs, we can tell him to "Get the Lead out!!" :lol:

Seriously though Jap Tin, how is it so light?[/quote']

My question is why are everyone's Z's so heavy. My old back halfed Z was 2400 pounds and the tube chassis Z is 2275 pounds. Does everyone make their cages out of lead pipe? The back halfed car was stock front suspension with a 9 inch rear and a mild steel cage. The tube car is all chrome molly, the only fiberglass is the hood all other body parts are original jap tin made from old American beer cans.

Well, my boys z had about 50 lbs of bondo on it, that was for certain. Over 2 inches thick on the passenger door that was caved in and 3 inches on the passenger b pillar and a complete 1/8" coating on the top parts of the remainder of the car due to a previous hail storm. But I weighed the car at 2750lbs with my lardo behind in it. But still I'm about 130lbs heavier than your backhalf car, by the way what did it run?

Then I don't have the motor that you do, actually nobody does. I'm being conservative anyway when it comes to stepping on the 406. But that won't be the case with the next motor. I have a real appreciation for the HP that you've extracted from 415 inches of sbc. Cylinder heads and cam choice there are the key. What rpm do you launch at and what do you shift at?

IMO what you've accomplished is truly amazing from an engine builders perspective.:hail::hail::hail:

Cylinder heads and cam choice there are the key. What rpm do you launch at and what do you shift at?

18X brodix heads 2.15 titanium intakes 1.60 titanium exhausts. A little back yard clean up on the heads. Cam is a custom grind comp cams roller, 282 @.050 on the intake, lobe rev 1844 290 @ .050 on the exhaust, lobe xcx 1962 . ground on a 108 lsa . .736 lift on the intake, .720 lift on the exhaust. .900 base circle. Launch at 6100 rpm, shift at 7800 rpm go through the lights at 8100 rpm. 4.86 rear gear 32X14.5 hoosier with a 1.89 first gear in the glide. Thats where the good 60 foot time come from.

My car is just heavy to start with...darn zx's. Full interior and all that doesn't help much either. I suppose I could strip it down and drop 700 pounds and pick up some time, but it would be lousy on the street!

My question is why are everyone's Z's so heavy.
Because for the most part they are stock chassised, stock suspension, full interior street cars. The only thing Z-Gad's car is missing is the carpet. It has humungous 17s on the front, heavy 16x9s with 255 DRs on the rear, 10-pt mild steel cage and stock IRS with an R200. Mine was also stock chassis, with 40lbs of bracing over the full length of the frame rails, C4 IRS with 3" steel halfshafts, full interior, 6-pt rollbar and my 225# "dead" weight :D. Both cars driven trouble-free to/from the SEZ, almost 400 miles each way.

You can't cry foul by saying someone is lighter, got a turbo, running at sea level, street legal, power comes in a bottle. Reliable? Trouble free? If you are talking timeslips, and we are talking timeslips, whoever is fastest wins. One 8.45 ride and you're on the top.

WoW, all these young guys picking on some old guy with a old school sbc. I have had Z cars since 1970, got the second one in town. I have gone through street Z's semi street Z's and drag race Z's. Picking on some poor old guy that doesn't under stand turbo's nitrous and all that other go fast stuff. Hey, when I grew up aluminum and titanium were your friends, I think they still are. I think it is great that you guys have dailey driver Z cars in the 9's. A fast Z car is a good thing. The easy way to a fast car is to make it light and be able to hook up what power you have. I have spent a lot of time under cars sorting out 4 link and shock adjustments. How else do you think I can get my suckie little small block to run like it does with out the power adders. Time to read my AARP magazine and look at retirement homes. When you guys put the woop a$$ on me I guess I'll have to look for some better heads.

lol...I hope everyone is just taking this all as some friendly discussion, and nothing else.Its just a matter of time before someone builds something lighter, and faster and takes the next spot...it's part of the game. The question is, who will it be?

lol...I hope everyone is just taking this all as some friendly discussion, and nothing else.Its just a matter of time before someone builds something lighter, and faster and takes the next spot...it's part of the game. The question is, who will it be?

Oh yea, its all in fun.LOL Ya got to dangle that carrot in front of the horse to get it to move. Looking foward to the first 8.45 or quicker time slip on here. Should be soon knowing the guys on the board, a little more spray or boost and they will be there. Oh well, its getting near my bed time, you know how us old guys are LOL.

Oh yea, its all in fun.LOL Ya got to dangle that carrot in front of the horse to get it to move. Looking foward to the first 8.45 or quicker time slip on here. Should be soon knowing the guys on the board, a little more spray or boost and they will be there. Oh well, its getting near my bed time, you know how us old guys are LOL.

Yawn, Yawn, I think i'll join you, since we ain't getting no respect and I don't even see a 9 second all motor car.

Come on folks, lets not make this sound like anyone is crying foul, picking on anyone or this being competition. Anyone going 9s or 10s know how tough that is and has a real appreciation for what it takes to go 8s, no matter what the setup is. J.T. talked about his car and its performance and I thought that folks should know it is a 2200# tube chassis car. He then asked why is everyone's Z so heavy and that got answered, both with smilies :D :D :D :D

As for us "young guys" picking on an old guy............uhhh, what was I talking about again? old.gif

This is Jerry from jnjdragracing, all I can say is NOS,turbos and superchargers, oh my. All is fare in love and war and drag racing. Run what you brung.......

I know that japtin is tube chassis all out race car, as far as zgad and ourself stock suspension cars wonder what we would run in a all out 2000 lb tube chassis car leaving at 6100 rpm. That would be something to see....

How about high 8's on stock suspension like zgad and ourself, want to see it be at SEZ#7 in September.:D :biggrin: :D