HybridZ

MPG l28et

vega

Mine is making in the neighborhood of 350-400 depending on boost level.

SDS and 450cc injectors

28mpg no problem on the highway.

Really? Is that on or off boost on the freeway? sorry for the ignorance, i've never owned or driven a turbo car for extended periods of time to know if being on boost is normal for freeway driving (most of the driving time was ON BOOST!!!)... Just curious!

Really? Is that on or off boost on the freeway? sorry for the ignorance, i've never owned or driven a turbo car for extended periods of time to know if being on boost is normal for freeway driving (most of the driving time was ON BOOST!!!)... Just curious!

Nope thats just cruising, typically between 10-15 in/hg.

And just in case it matters, cruising at 75mph, 37-40 degrees total timing, about 15.0-15.5 AFR's, and around 1300 EGT's.

Guest Z Draci

Before I took then engine out, my fully stock 280ZX turbo did an average of 20mpg no matter how I drove it. It was about 85% city and 15% highway.

I'm getting around 20mpg on a L20et, with a stuffed automatic, 1 bar boost. Seems to vary alot.

I think i've finally found the sweet spot for timing and sorted my idle problems out so I should use a bit less :-) Petrol is NZD $1.76 (USD $1.10) a litre here (thats 95). How much does everyone else pay? It's going up $.06 everyday for the last week...