HybridZ

hot tank or muric acid to clean gas tank rust?

nazar

too fukin late i already welded a custom sump to my tank...shoulda just got a cell

yup!

all of that bad *** work done to that car and you modifed the stock 30 year old tank!

drop in a fuel cell in that bad boy!

rci-2150as_w_m.jpg

summit racing 269.95

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=RCI%2D2150AS&N=115&autoview=sku.

i have one waiting for me to install if i ever get get back home!

seems like it may have been just surface rust because when i got the car it ran fine and when i welded the sump to it i washed it out with water but after that it sat for a month

this time i droped it bought a gallon of phosphoric acid for rust removal. washed it out first with degreaser then poured in the acid let it sit for 30 minutes, then sloshed it around all over and poured it out , peaked inside with a flashlight and it was clean bare lookin shiny metal, at least on the bottom where the sludge built up

i just hope i sloshed it around enough

idealy it would be great to pour like 12 gallons of that acid in there but at $14 a gallon thats too much....

im not going to deo that coating in fear that it will peal off...the gas should keep the tank from rusting

i then poured some wd40 in there sloshed it around to keep it from rusting till i get gas in there tomorow

Hey I used POR-15. go to their website and check it out. I've used it on motorcycles and z cars. it has worked like a charm for me.

http://www.stoprust.net/shop/product_info.php/cPath/31/products_id/73

I've even just used the metal ready and it will give you another lease on life with your tank. of course though Fuel Cells are just cool! :coollook: