HybridZ

Olderthanme's early 260 worklog(run 56k!!!)

OlderThanMe

I'm trying to buy a welder...and buy some other fabrication stuff.

That means money for more engines is bad. Plus I have 2 extra L6 blocks and then the L26 that is still in the z which will be coming out soon. Parents are about to take my head off if I bring anything else into our 2 car garage that still holds two cars! (with 3 inches of clearance inbetween the Z and the 944t) LOL

Driving the frontier can be frightening... shifted into 5th and smashed my middle broken finger into the dash... ouchie

Pulled the driver's side head today...

Then I got down and started pulling the oil pan and oil shield.

I touched the #1 rod at the crank and it bumped over about 3mm. Crap!

Pulled it out and there was no bearing at all! The #2 bearing was spun...

Time to go back to pull-a-part and get another longblock...

I think $85?

I guess this block will be my mockup motor...LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I know the l26 rebuild has been scrapped, but the part you found in the oil pan is the end piece of the cam oiler (or rocker-oiler). My l26's oiler looked to be brazed together, not welded. I found a replacement oiler at a random jy for 10 bucks...then the oil pump went out 300 miles into a 1200 mile drive, and i spun all the main bearings. If you still have the l26 all together, could you post a pic of the carbs/balance tube and how everything is routed? I just set up SU's on my L28 with a L26 intake/balance tube, and I am having some issues with tuning everything. Also, I'm the guy who will pobably pick up that clock you had...I have my Atlanta trip scheduled for April 3-6. It's my honeymoon, but the wife probably won't mind a few hours of Z talk!

:twak:

• 1 year later...

hi there OTM. i tried to send a private message to you to see if you still have the lightweight flywheel but your box is full. i saw on one of your threads that you were parting out your L-6 stuff. if so, please send me a PM and we can talk. also i'm near atlanta. thanks