HybridZ

coil over questions

All arizonazcar.com camber-plate, coil-over, and shock sets sold over the last 20 years came with a bushing for the monoball to allow for the angle of the shock to change (relative to the shock tower) without binding the spring, and the top cone of the coil-over MOST CERTANLY DOES NOT SCRAPE THE BOTTOM OF THE CAMBER-PLATE.

As usual misinformation posted.

The misalignment bushing is not included when we dont sell the shock with set as there are a myriad of different shock styles (and dimensions).

Have sold 50 to 100 sets a year for 20 YEARS....... about 5000 camber-plates, they've been increadibly rugged. Be carefull of mixing and matching and the cobbled together stuff on Ebay..... easy to run into trouble.

The last picture is of the whole set with my new Big Piston shock for 240Z

Dave

camber1.jpg

camber2.jpg

camber3.jpg

camber4.jpg

camber5.jpg

ARIZONA Z CAR

2043 E. QUARTZ ST.

MESA AZ 85213

480-844-9677

dave@arizonazcar.com

http://www.arizonazcar.com

camber1_thumb.jpg

camber2_thumb.jpg

camber3_thumb.jpg

camber4_thumb.jpg

camber5_thumb.jpg

Here is what you get with camber plates or stock mounts that distort the top of the spring...

wornsleeve.jpg

I have a brand new pair of these EMI plates and I think I am going to stick with them for now... I like the idea that they are strong.. but I dislike the distortion of the spring they will cause...

EMIcamberplatebottom.jpg

EMIcamberplate.jpg

The Airizona Z car set up is what I wish I had to work with... I will be spending some money on his stuff.. I fully trust his design.. and it keeps the spring inline....

There are hydraulic swing plates available that fit between the tophat and the top of the spring... but I think they are for 2.25" springs.. not the 2.5" we use...

Hi dave well its good to see a pic of how it should fit together i bought camber plates and coil overs off u (as well as a number other parts) but didnt buy your shocks as i alreadly had a set of bisteins (so i didnt recieve misalignemt Bushing)

Can u give some dimensions on the size of the misalignment bushing i realize the shaft size will vary but im interested in the diameter and over all height between camber plate and monoball

Have made my misalignment bushing but havent welded camber plates in to put in place and check how it fits

at the moment Im worried my misalignment bush is not thick enough and possibly to large in diameter

Be great to have the proper sizes to compare to

Really glad u have come online and shown us how it should work and that 1i fast z was on the right track was really worried whether i was going the right way loading the mono ball up

mick