HybridZ

What was up with Pinks last night?

dat240zg

Did I see it right or what? The two guys that were racing 'busas ran well but it looked liked they were running for a third bike, not one of the two race bikes. I missed the beginning, so did someone else catch that?

That was weird....

Bryan

Dat240zg

Guest TegRacer324

Yeah I didn't see the beginning either, but my roommate said that since the bikes supposedly cost them over 45k+ a piece they agreed to mutually buy an R1 and then whoever won got the bike.

It was a repeat! They both agreed to pitch in like 5k each and buy the bike with the winner taking the bike. Seems fair to me. Those bikes they were racing are one of a kind custom full race bikes. Losing 45k would hurt!

That skinny kid schooled the older supposedly faster rider.

Mike

Guest ON3GO
It was a repeat! They both agreed to pitch in like 5k each and buy the bike with the winner taking the bike. Seems fair to me. Those bikes they were racing are one of a kind custom full race bikes. Losing 45k would hurt!

That skinny kid schooled the older supposedly faster rider.

Mike

no the older riding biker won..

mike

They had invested $40,000 and $45,000 each respectively and didn't want to risk losing so much on what would be a close race, at least on paper. They agreed amongst themselves that they both wanted a bike to sport around town, so they both threw in and paid half the cost for an '06 GSXR 1000. That's a Suzuki for those who don't know. I don't know who won, the whole premise of the show kind of eludes me. If you're racing for pinks, why would you handicap yourself? It's gotta be heads up or no go. Who cares if you're sandbagging, that's what happens in real life. And what's the deal with staging? Why don't they use a Christmas Tree if they're so concerned about making things fair?

Guest BiltWel

I personally think it takes away from the show when they don't run for what they are running. I thought it kind of boring not knowing that there azz was on the line.

• 1 month later...

what about the one where they exchange a helmet or a van.. wtf?

and im skeptical all in all about the show becuase of the chitown racing people.

they did the show, lost, then took their car home. TWICE. I know one time they lost a competitor and called some guy randomly to do it..

I also heard rumors of a law suite....

i liked watching the busa's because of the speed and the professional level that the bikes were prepped to-watching them down load the datalogging and change clutches just for 1 race was very extreme.trying to watch mr.host of show arm flag an 8 second bike-i think they should have just turned the timing lights on.