• 1 year later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine:

plate1.jpg

plate2.jpg

Wow, that looks way better than the one for sale through mazworks, which is the one I have (which I had to modify to use a VH41...starter is on the opposite side!)

THe only issue (minor) that I see is that the shifter is already pretty far back, and this plate looks like it will push it back even farther in a 240sx application... (the mazworks plate keeps the total engine/trans length the same as a stock Z32)...I have to shorten my shifter bracket as it is, it's behind the shifter opening and is not comfortable for me at all (I'm 5' 6" tall)

The upside is that if the transmission can go back about 4" from the mazworks location, you could use a toploader shifter (e.g. nissan truck) in teh 240sx app.

I'll get some more pics of my swap as it comes together.

As for engine management, the megasquirt will be perfectly happy running my VH motor thru an EDIS-8 system. I don't know what the emerald ECU's are running for, but it's gotta be a lot more than a megasquirt...lol

• 3 months later...
Technically the bellhousing is not removeable. However, that entire part of the transmission casing is interchangeable between the z31t and z32 trans.

Although I dont remember for sure I'm guessing you're right about the bolt patterns being the same. At the very least you can probably use the adapter plate with only minor changes if any. The starter could also be an issue if you stick with the z31 housing.

Guys, so it is confirmed that the bolt pattern for the Z32 and Z31 are the same right ????