HybridZ

Pics of my SR20DET powered 240Z

Hugh

Give me some time today to datalog whats going on, and I will send it to you.

Hopefully we can get this thing nailed down, so I can beat on it without fear of blowing it up.

Thanks!

I have the TPS figured out now. It helps out a lot with all situations when you push the throttle. Heh heh

I also installed my Apexi AVC-R, turned the boost up to 12psi or so... it varies because the actuator seems to be bad, I think... combined with all this breathability I have it causes the little turbo to work overtime to fill. The boost controller is at max, but boost still won't even hit 15psi at the intake manifold.

My other boost gauge reads off the hot pipe directly in front of the turbo, and its seeing somewhere close to 15 pounds now... but pressure loss across the front of the car doesn't get it all there.

I knew the turbo wouldn't be enough, so I'm not disappointed. This was just a temporary setup to get the car running on the street for now.

I'm not sure how much power I'm making, or just how fast the car is... but I gotta say, this thing really rips. I just got finished tuning an Evo 8 pushing 25psi on upped injectors, exhaust, DP, etc... this afternoon, and my car was definitely faster. The driver of said Evo rode with me in the Z and was shocked by how fast it went.

I also let my friend with an '06 WRX drive it today. He was impressed, and said he now wants one just like mine. Heh heh heh

I have the TPS figured out now. It helps out a lot with all situations when you push the throttle. Heh heh

I also installed my Apexi AVC-R' date=' turned the boost up to 12psi or so... it varies because the actuator seems to be bad, I think... combined with all this breathability I have it causes the little turbo to work overtime to fill. The boost controller is at max, but boost still won't even hit 15psi at the intake manifold.

My other boost gauge reads off the hot pipe directly in front of the turbo, and its seeing somewhere close to 15 pounds now... but pressure loss across the front of the car doesn't get it all there.

I knew the turbo wouldn't be enough, so I'm not disappointed. This was just a temporary setup to get the car running on the street for now.

I'm not sure how much power I'm making, or just how fast the car is... but I gotta say, this thing really rips. I just got finished tuning an Evo 8 pushing 25psi on upped injectors, exhaust, DP, etc... this afternoon, and my car was definitely faster. The driver of said Evo rode with me in the Z and was shocked by how fast it went.

I also let my friend with an '06 WRX drive it today. He was impressed, and said he now wants one just like mine. Heh heh heh[/quote']

Rock on dude. This makes me want to get mine up and running so bad now its not even funny. Thanks for keeping the dream alive!

• 4 weeks later...

The bell housing for the KA is a lot different.

The SR20DET tranny also has a beefier output shaft (very important, I've found - thats the first tranny part I broke last time around)

just got finished tuning an Evo 8 pushing 25psi on upped injectors, exhaust, DP, etc... this afternoon, and my car was definitely faster.
Is the rest of your engine stock aside from the turbine cause, it's seems a little optimistic saying "DFINITELY faster" when you compare to an 25psi evo, just asking.

Just the greddy intake manifold, the Q45 throttle body, and the Tec3 engine management with full ignition and 850cc injectors. (oh, and the intercooler helps, too)

I can hit 15psi before 3000rpm now. It's pretty darn quick. And yep, still sure its faster than the EVO I was referring to.

Just the greddy intake manifold' date=' the Q45 throttle body, and the Tec3 engine management with full ignition and 850cc injectors. (oh, and the intercooler helps, too)

I can hit 15psi before 3000rpm now. It's pretty darn quick. And yep, still sure its faster than the EVO I was referring to.[/quote']

lol not to mention your alot lighter.

-Ed

• 1 year later...

Since the Vildini mount is more of a cradle that rests on the frame, it is more adjustable. I was able to keep the stock shift hole in my build. Had to sit the motor up darn up against the firewall and opened the rear of the shifter hole slightly. I will post a pic this evening in my gallery to show.