HybridZ

My whole dash is digital now...VEI Systems digital gauges

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

Well I had a Cyberdyne Speedo and Tach I bought off Cruez (member here) last year that worked great, but then I bought a digital boost gauge from VEI and loved their style and intelligence. So eventually I wanted to go digital w/ all of my gauges from VEI.

Some one on cardomain offered me a good amount for the current digital speedo/tach I had, so I jumped on their offer and gave me excuse to get what I wanted, so I went out and bought all the VEI gauges I needed.

http://www.veisystems.com/home.html

All their gauges come in either red or blue lights and are pretty b*tchin' w/ all the features and warnings (will blink and beep when they hit their preset levels).

I spoke w/ Neil who runs VEI and he remembered me from when I ordered my boost and indicator gauges and told him I wanted a big order this time w/ all the gauges and sensors I would need. So he helped me go over what I needed and didnt need and came up w/ his retail price (from the site) and then said he would give me a nice discount since I ordered so much...ended up saving like over $100 or so.

Another big thing I liked about these gauges when I got them is that they are very slim in depth...max of 1/2" or so even for speedo and tach!

Also big thanx to Vildini Motorsport for the install on the gauges and making the custom replacement panel to house the other gauges and electronics.

So I got the following:

-------------------------

-Speedo w/ pulse sender

-Tach

-Volts

-Fuel Level

-Water Temperature w/ sender

-Oil Pressure w/ sender

-Boost Gauge

-Indicator Gauge (w/ 7 indications...you have 15 to choose from)

also what I have installed in the pics that is digital is the following:

---------------------

-AEM Wideband o2 Gauge setup

-Blitz SBC Dual SBC Spec-S Electronic Boost Controller

-Blitz MST Turbo Timer

So here we have them all installed:

--------------------------------------------

IMG_0315a.jpg

IMG_0018a.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ON3GO

very very cool.

i never once liked digital gauges, thought they looked cheap but yours are awesome!

plus it just fits in with everything else on your car!

very cool dude!

mike

man thats a nice set up...but would hate to see the wiring behind it LOL

does look amazing though and love that they are in stock locations.

Hey 280zforce... you still live in Corona?? i went to k-2 grade there and my mom and aunt still live there. i went back about 6 years ago and about had a heart attack...the city has exploded in growth into the hills. crazy stuff

end thread jack LOL

Guest 280ZForce
man thats a nice set up...but would hate to see the wiring behind it LOL

does look amazing though and love that they are in stock locations.

Hey 280zforce... you still live in Corona?? i went to k-2 grade there and my mom and aunt still live there. i went back about 6 years ago and about had a heart attack...the city has exploded in growth into the hills. crazy stuff

end thread jack LOL

It's only like 2-3 wires per gauge and each gauge is only like a max of 1/2" deep, even the speedo and tach!

yeah i'm still in Corona. what elementary did u attend and which years? i've gone to school here all my life and have always lived in or near corona.

Yep, suits your car very well.

I got a look at your ride when it was sitting at Vildini. You may have seen my car in there during the same time frame. Maybe one of these days we'll run into eachother over there. (meet, not hit cars... heh)

Which gauge is the fuel level, and does it work with the stock sending unit?

Thats just what I need, then.

I just read about it on their site... says it works with virtually any sending unit.

Sweet. I just found my fuel gauge!!

Now I gotta choose between red or blue... damn. I wonder if the blue would match well with the AVC-R down there.

I have no plans for all digital.

I have the Apexi El Series 2 gauges with the controller box. (peak, record, etc... in one unit)

I wish Apexi would make a speedometer to match their 5" tach, and I'd get that. Otherwise I'm looking for a matching tach and speedometer. (most likely Autometer)

I like an analog tach, for sure. It helps me a lot when drag racing. I don't like shift lights, either.

So my plan is to run the Apexi gauges for EGT, Boost, and Fuel Pressure along the three stock holes, then mount my digital displays all down in the center as 280Zforce's car is. Down there will be the Blitz Racing Meter that shows oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, and boost... then the AVC-R, and the Apexi turbo timer. Everything will be digital down there, analog in the stock holes.

It's only like 2-3 wires per gauge and each gauge is only like a max of 1/2" deep' date=' even the speedo and tach!

yeah i'm still in Corona. what elementary did u attend and which years? i've gone to school here all my life and have always lived in or near corona.[/quote']

I went to school near the Golf course by Ontario Ave...that was like in 1976 though so dont even ask me the name LOL.. My mom still lives on that street..about 5 houses up from that huge church..i think its near Lincoln and Ontario Ave.. behind that used to be nothing but hills and now its nothing but houses lol.

used to take the 15 up from San diego when i was in the navy to visit her and go riding my bike on that killer highway above lake elsinor that goes between there and I-5. I also have family in Escondido but havnt seen them in like 10 years. Then i moved to Anaheim where i lived for about 4 years before moving to Oregon.

Guest 280ZForce

i live right off Ontario Ave and the 15...wow small world. There is an elementary school called Coronita by a Golf Course. I actually attended there and lived on a street that was on part of that golf course (Mountain View Golf Course). I used to live about maybe 7 houses down from the church on the street right in front of it. The church was a big catholic church (St. Matthews) that was directly in front of the elementary school but down the street aways right?

hmmm ill have to call my Mom and ask what the name of that chuch and school is...

its on Ontario closer to the 91 side coming from anaheim. damn its been so long i cant remember the exit.. damn... time to pull out a map LOL

she lives on the 2000 block of ontario ave. guess that would be the west side...same side as the church... man this is weird. just off the 15 on umm lincoln i think was that exit, i used to run into Kevin Costner all the time getting gas at the huge station LOL small world is right =)

Guest 280ZForce

Yes, I'm talking about the west side of Ontario for the church and golf course...the church is basically where Ontario ends/starts. Lincoln is about 2 miles or so east from the church (on Ontario) I'm thinking and from the golf course as well.