HybridZ

headlight cover install

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a different style it uses one mount that you have drill for and two tab's that side in the notches for the head adjustment.

The fit is not bad but could be better. I saw a Z car parts site that has them on sale for 56$ I think it was.

At MSA their about 74$ with shipping. I'll see if I can find that site again I may have pic's of them on mine but I'm at work and I'm sure those would be at home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The covers from black dragon are only 49.95 they look similar to the msa ones. Does anyone know if they're the same? I would be in for a group buy ,but my buy it now finger is already shaking!

My guess is they are the same. Many parts are from the same manufacturers.

Davy

I'm not so worried about the scratching and or cracking that would be caused by very long term use. My main concern is the day to day moisture intrapment. Do these easly collect condensation and or fog up? Because THAT is something i cannot live with. I have had my MSA headlight covers in my closet for like 2 years, waiting for my body to be restored and the day has finaly come. My Z is painted and ready. But NOW I CANT FIND MY MOUNTING HARDWARE!! UGH! BuZy can you help me??

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not so worried about the scratching and or cracking that would be caused by very long term use. My main concern is the day to day moisture intrapment. Do these easly collect condensation and or fog up? Because THAT is something i cannot live with. I have had my MSA headlight covers in my closet for like 2 years, waiting for my body to be restored and the day has finaly come. My Z is painted and ready. But NOW I CANT FIND MY MOUNTING HARDWARE!! UGH! BuZy can you help me??

John, Did find or get your hardware kit?

Brian

Welp, I tried Emailing and that didnt work. So i called them, I think it was Wednesday of last week and spoke with Phil. He took my credit and shipping info and said it would only be $5+ shipping. But my credit card has still not yet been charged and still no hardware in the mail yet. :cry: I'm going to call them tomorrow if i still dont have anything. -Thanks a lot for the follow up though!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just have something to ad. it might be common sense but I just re installed mine with screws and found this tip. On a couple of the brackets the hole was a bit off so I bent the tab with the hole on it to line it up rather then moving the entire bracket. I couldn't really do this last time because I just used the tape and it kind would pull it off.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a set i got from msa 2- 3 years ago - they never fit right no matter what i did

- i just painted my front end and am trying to remount them and still no matter what there are big gaps - im hoping i just got a bad set or something cuz this is horrible

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...