HybridZ

VG30ET performance mods

Guest tibbs

Guest tibbs

Hello HybridZ members

im new to the forum and from all places im from NewZealand where ive recently started work and im after a nissan Z car, around the local area ive seen a fairly tidy 1985 Z31 300zx its a turbo VG30ET and the body of the car seems in good condition but the motor needs some work its done 300,000kms (not sure how much that is is miles) and the manifold leaks the turbo needs work and the motor could probally use a good freshen up.

anyway what i really wanted to know is what performance potential these motors have ive read these motors can do up to 400whp on stock bottm ends with the correct turbo setup, if somebody could describe their setups or similar vg30et setups and how much power they make that would be greatly appreciated , as i dont know much at all about turbo's and A/R ratio's etc and if i buy a vg30 i would also be looking to make around 350+ whp

Well it's around 170hp stock(wich was kick *** for it's day),aftermarketis weak compared to any civic,integra,240,Z32,Supra, or WRX for that matter. Motor has been known to do 1000 EXTREMELY modified and just over 500 in stock trim. In all reality as long as you upgrade everything thing with the same area when doing modifications. making power shouldn't be hard until you start making over 400hp. To obtain 400hp you're talking intercooler,intake(wich are relatively useless in a turbo car),FPR(fuel pressure regulators,plugs(cooler ones),boost controllers,turbo itself as I don't the stock T3 lasting very long after 17psi,turbo timer(your turbo will thank you),3inch exuast,etc...

Well it's around 170hp stock(wich was kick *** for it's day),aftermarketis weak compared to any civic,integra,240,Z32,Supra, or WRX for that matter. Motor has been known to do 1000 EXTREMELY modified and just over 500 in stock trim. In all reality as long as you upgrade everything thing with the same area when doing modifications. making power shouldn't be hard until you start making over 400hp. To obtain 400hp you're talking intercooler,intake(wich are relatively useless in a turbo car),FPR(fuel pressure regulators,plugs(cooler ones),boost controllers,turbo itself as I don't the stock T3 lasting very long after 17psi,turbo timer(your turbo will thank you),3inch exuast,etc...

no.

The stock engine makes 200HP for 84-87s and 205HP for 88-89s, all VG30ETs make 227TQ. 84-87s use the T3 turbo and 88-89s use the T25.

www.redz31.com

www.az-zbum.com

www.z31.com

no.

The stock engine makes 200HP for 84-87s and 205HP for 88-89s' date=' all VG30ETs make 227TQ. 84-87s use the T3 turbo and 88-89s use the T25.

www.redz31.com

www.az-zbum.com

www.z31.com

In case you hadn't noticed yet, advertisers don't always represent themselves accurately. For your information (in case you don't have a calculator handy), a stock turbo Z has around 170 rear wheel hp

--->http://z31.com/faq/turbo.faq.shtml

Guest tibbs

the stock T3 turbo is it anything to be confused with a GARRET T3 turbo or is it just a nissan made oem turbo similar to a T25 or T28 ? did so the jap import cars deffinatly came with the T3 , as ive not really found out much about it but i heard that the car im looking at is most likely to have a T25 ? but again im bot sure about that at all.400hp sounds prertty good from a near stock motor, with compressor and exaust wheel upgrades what is the stock "T3" good for ? yeah intercooler intake injectors fuel pump and regulator all seemed the likely modifications after i started doing some reading on the forum , i would also be looking at a full standard rebuild with new rings bearings , cam bearings valve springs ..and all that

the stock T3 turbo is it anything to be confused with a GARRET T3 turbo or is it just a nissan made oem turbo similar to a T25 or T28 ? did so the jap import cars deffinatly came with the T3 , as ive not really found out much about it but i heard that the car im looking at is most likely to have a T25 ? but again im bot sure about that at all.400hp sounds prertty good from a near stock motor, with compressor and exaust wheel upgrades what is the stock "T3" good for ? yeah intercooler intake injectors fuel pump and regulator all seemed the likely modifications after i started doing some reading on the forum , i would also be looking at a full standard rebuild with new rings bearings , cam bearings valve springs ..and all that

For everyones sake will you please try and use proper grammar. The stock T3 is a Garret T3.

Read:

http://www.redz31.com/turbofaq/turbo.faq.htm

For everyones sake will you please try and use propper grammar. The stock T3 is a Garret T3.

Read:

http://www.redz31.com/turbofaq/turbo.faq.htm

You spelled propper wrong, it's proper.

prop·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prpr)

adj.

Characterized by appropriateness or suitability; fitting: the proper knife for cutting bread; not a proper moment for a joke.

Called for by rules or conventions; correct: the proper form for a business letter.

Strictly following rules or conventions, especially in social behavior; seemly: a proper lady; a proper gentleman.

Belonging to one; own: restored to his proper shape by the magician.

Characteristically belonging to the being or thing in question; peculiar: an optical effect proper to fluids.

Being within the strictly limited sense, as of a term designating something: the town proper, excluding the suburbs.

Ecclesiastical. For use in the liturgy of a particular feast or season of the year.

Mathematics. Of or relating to a subset of a given set when the set has at least one element not in the subset.

Worthy of the name; true: wanted a proper dinner, not just a snack.

Out-and-out; thorough: a proper whipping.

You spelled propper wrong' date=' it's proper.

prop·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prpr)

adj.

Characterized by appropriateness or suitability; fitting: the proper knife for cutting bread; not a proper moment for a joke.

Called for by rules or conventions; correct: the proper form for a business letter.

Strictly following rules or conventions, especially in social behavior; seemly: a proper lady; a proper gentleman.

Belonging to one; own: restored to his proper shape by the magician.

Characteristically belonging to the being or thing in question; peculiar: an optical effect proper to fluids.

Being within the strictly limited sense, as of a term designating something: the town proper, excluding the suburbs.

Ecclesiastical. For use in the liturgy of a particular feast or season of the year.

Mathematics. Of or relating to a subset of a given set when the set has at least one element not in the subset.

Worthy of the name; true: wanted a proper dinner, not just a snack.

Out-and-out; thorough: a proper whipping.[/quote']

I was drunk when I posted, fixed now :).