JustinOlson

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

I dont drive right now so and its been impossible to convince my girl to drive me up to sandy. If anyone has a manifold they could ship me to the address bellow. I'd love to borrow the manifold from paul, but I just am unable to drive out to his place to get it at this point.

Justin Olson

CH2M Hill 3rd Floor

2020 sw 4 ave

Portland, Or 97201

I can paypal to cover shipping charges. I would prefer a EFI intake manifold if anyone has one laying around that they could ship. I'll return it as recieve once I'm finished taking dimensions from it.

Regards,

Justin

• Administrators

Justin,

If you give me a more precise location in Portland of where you are at, via PM, I’m sure I can make time to drop it by sometime either late this week or next week, sometime around 3:30-4 PM weekdays?

John’s offer is a really good one though… A keeper turbo intake..

• Administrators

I ‘m needing more excuses to drive my "new to me" Z-32.. LOL…

I must admit, John’s deal is a much sweeter deal, Turbo intake for keeps?!?! That is pretty sweet. John is also one THE nicest Z owners you’ll ever meet face to face.

• 3 months later...

I'm working on drawing up Ron Tylers Intake Flange/Manifold in Solidworks. I promise to post pictures of the solidworks rendering this weekend. I'm going to get a quote on having them machined next week.

Regards,

Justin

I have to talk to Ron about machine the flanges he designed. We'll get something worked out.

The one thing about Ron's head flange is its designed for oversized port diameters. So essentially you need to atleast port match the cylinder head to the ID of the flange port bores. You can read more about Ron's design in the members project section.

Do you people want a flange with standard port sizes or the Ron Tyler enlarged port sizes? I feel the later is where you will see the most gains from this custom intake manifold.

Regards,

Justin

• Administrators
I have to talk to Ron about machine the flanges he designed. We'll get something worked out.

Justin is referring to this flange...

m4.jpg

Its an old picture, prior to buffing out the tooling marks. For more recent pictures, different views, and the intended use, click.. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117607

The one thing about Ron's head flange is its designed for oversized port diameters.

Justin is right, and they're raised a bit as well. The flange is currently sized at 1.753" OD. There is some amount of latitude in runner ID with alternate wall thickness tubing. With the runner height as-is, anything smaller than 1.5" ID will put the floor of the runner above the floor of the port.

To some extent, some of these variables could be manipulated, beforehand.

Justin and I will continue our plot to build a few. Until then, keep us posted on what you guy's want.

• Administrators
Definately the larger port size for me. It would make no sense to go with the smaller port in my case because I'm looking for more flow and HP gains.

Agreed. The N42 manifold runner size is only 53% of the intake valve (stock L28). There will be gains realized with a larger runner. At 1.5" ID, you bring that number up to about 74% of valve size.