HybridZ

How does a 1987 supra turbo compare to a 1984 300zx turbo?

Okay Z

LOL.....bring anything you want to our american dyno dynamics twin retarder.

It's good for over 2000hp and does not inflate numbers.

We wouldn't be staying in business if our dyno inflated numbers to the kind of clientele and other shops who outsource thier highest end projects to us.

Our cars back up any dyno claims with world records on the track.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm past being polite, stupid inflated American HP figures are a joke around the world, get some real dynos and a reality check and then try again. As I have already said, I have a worked more than most VG33ET engine sitting in the garage. The only reason why it is not in the car is because it won't deliver anywhere near 400whp.

What exactly is an American HP number?

DynoJet, Dyno Dynamics, Mustang, SuperFlow, etc. all can SAE correct. DynoJets, which I assume you are referring to also have load cells and all the fancy features now too.

If you actually read the publications on dynos from the SAE, you'd have noticed SAE 1349, which specifies to not use correction factors on forced induction cars: "For example, boosted engines with absolute pressure controls shall not be corrected for ambient barometric pressure".

And assuming that a dyno operator on any dyno hasn't specified that the car's at 35,000 feet, the numbers you get from all the different makes and types of dynos are going to be similar.

The VG33ET can deliver 400HP easily. I made 390HP (on a complete joke and unreliable dynojet!) on a stock VG30. I was also the dyno operator. I'm pretty sure it was accurate. It's accurate enough to tune on, which is all that really matters.

Edited by BLOZ UP

• 3 weeks later...

I'm past being polite, stupid inflated American HP figures are a joke around the world, get some real dynos and a reality check and then try again. As I have already said, I have a worked more than most VG33ET engine sitting in the garage. The only reason why it is not in the car is because it won't deliver anywhere near 400whp.

Pretty sure a ~2800lb car that runs 6.69s in the 1/8th mile has more than 400whp....

Edit: sorry, replied before I read the admins post on the last page. :rolleyes:

Edited by michaelp