HybridZ

T-5????

alexideways

Bringing this thread back since I have considered the GF T-5.

When I called GF they told me that you have to supply them with the ZX turbo trans for them to modify( core ?)

They swap out internals with modified( treated or stronger materials for gears, etc..) WC parts.

So shifter location stays the same as well as casing . Like stated the inputs and outputs are bigger so that's where the changes have to be made. Instead of a 1.3" output of the Nissan you go to the 1.5" this actually makes the fab work for a custom DS cheaper if you go with 1310 spicer joints . So then you have to change the spline on the clutch disc and pilot bearing to fit the bigger WC

BUBBA from GF said the trans is good for 600hp . 3500$ to do the conversion on just the trans. GF also gives options on gearing with a little taller 1st & 2nd which makes for a close ration .

I didn't realize this option was out there until recently . Considering there is no real machining or adapter plates needed by the installer and the trans just bolts in to our blocks I think it's a decent option. Since I already run the T5 my shifter already has been fitted to my chassis