HybridZ

5.0 240sx

Guest Diamond_Snyper

Guest Diamond_Snyper

Hey guys, I just stumbled across this forum and was wondering if Id be at home here. I own a nissan 240sx obviously not a z-car, but it is a hybrid. I cant post on places like ka-t, nico, or zilvia.net forums without being hated on because i put a REAL motor in a japanese car. I could swear they'd hang me for it if they had the chance :shock: . So what do you think is my nissan 240 with a 302 swapped in good enough for yall or what? Please feel free to blast me cuz im a noob. But please reply with your opinions....... hate statements.........name calling, and whatever else it is that you wish to say. thanx -nathan-

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Diamond_Snyper

yeah, ive got some pics, but i gotta upload them. so should have them up by tomorrow anyhow. its not finished yet i actually just got back from the scrapyard getting a radiator for it. should be up and running real quicklike though, i really cant wait.:mrgreen:

No one here will flame you! Purists are the minority here and a 5.0 in a 240sx sounds like a kick *** car to me!!!

All that power.... What kind of rear end do you have that can keep it together? What suspension are are running to keep your rear bumper from dragging on the ground!!!

Post pics asap!

Guest ON3GO

very cool.

pics will help so we can all drool over another hybrid on the forum.

welcome to the site!

Brandon -.... the stock rear end will hold together, you can throw a LSD in there and or weld the stock R200 unit and it will hold just fine and have the added benifit of LSD :D.

i just took all my 240sx suspension out of storage, still wanna swap it in the Z!

mike

Guest Diamond_Snyper

thanks for all the replies. My 240 is in rough shape and by no means does it look pretty right now. was just concerned with the whole mechanical side of the picture first.(currently looking for rust free coupe shell near michigan which is proving to be a very daunting task.:evil: ) Right now its just carbed up, and has a four speed manual:( . I plan in the VERY NEAR future to swap back to fuel injection and 5 speed via a megasquirt setup and a t-5. I am currently fabbing an intake for it which will be of the twin throttle body design, which may prove difficult to run throttle cables etc. but im very confident i can make the proper bracketry etc. I welded up the rear some time ago, and actually rather like it so i think ill keep it for now untill i can afford a helical unit. I couldnt find my previous pics so im going outside to take more right now. pics tonight.

Guest Diamond_Snyper

I didnt make my own......just "modified" a current front sump which i already had. Yes i do like that is it a z conversion on a fastback?

Diamond,

Are you on www.xceedspeed.com? There is a huge BBQ at stony creek this weekend june 3rd. Come on out if you can. There are a few 240's with SBC's in them SLO240 has an LS1 in his... BADARSE!!! I hope to see the car around. Here is the link to the BBQ details... http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41449.

Awesome swap! Good to see new things being tried.

Guest Diamond_Snyper

OH my god.....theres other 240's in michigan! j/k but i rarely see any. No i am not a member there. I may be interested in this bbq if you give me a few more details on it. Providing i am free from work.

there will be a lot of 240's there, maybe 2 with SBC's in them. But most of them have the SR20's in em. There may also be a 280zx with an RB26DETT in it, dont know the status of the project as of right now, but last I seen of it the engine was in it. I will probably drive my 65 drop top galaxie. Dont know what exactly I will drive yet though.