HybridZ
zspeed280

A mopared DATSUN

Magnum380Z    0
Any progress on this? Ive been loking at 318' and 360's lately and wonder what things would have to be done different compared to a conventional 350 sbc. Most of the links and pictures when I searched didnt work.

I have experience with MP engines there is a couple of issues to address. Motor mounts of Course, no one is making them So you are on your own in that department, but i heard you can cut Truck mounts down and they will fit in a Z perfectly..i have seen photos of this being done and i saved them somewhere (greg99 sent them to me) the motor mounts are closer to the front of the engine than a SBC.

Another thing is Transmission options..in the manual dept. ive heard you can adapt the R145 Supra trans. (turbo version). or a keisler kit $$. it allows the TKO to bolt up your application. or you have the old school A-833 and the A833 OD... in the auto dept. you have the venerable 727.904,999 518,618 and their respective models . hope this helps

Pete84    10
Im guessing you have a mopar engine in your Z? The 318 seems pretty cheap and can be built up to a quick motor. Id be doing this next summer and am trying to find any info on the swap. What mopar transmissions will bolt up to the 84-88 La 318? Ive only found autos.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=121229

http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71020&highlight=supra

"

The Jeep/Dodge AX15 5-speed, the Jeep NV3550 5-speed and the 87-92 Toyota Supra Turbo R154 5-speed all share the same case to bellhousing bolt pattern. As such there are a number of possibilities that can be had when a 5-speed is desired:

94-99 Dakota 3.9L V6 Bellhousing: Connects R154 to any 3.9L V6 and any 273/318/340/360 V8.

R154 Ratio’s

1st 3.30:1

2nd 1.95:1

3rd 1.34:1

4th 1.00:1

5th 0.75:1

Rev 3.20:1

"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but mate that 3.30 1st and .75 5th with a nice 3.something low rear axle and you could get some nice milage and pep from a 318.

pparaska    584
There was a really cool Hemi 240Z back during the 10th annual Z Car Covention in York PA. VERY racy....anyone remeber it?

I remember that Jerry - I also remember seeing it at the Atlanta convention a few years earlier, but it wasn't running yet then. It was an old hemi though, smaller than a 426.

Guest Z-artist   
Guest Z-artist

Oh MY!!!!!! That is the coolest Z I've ever seen! I just purchased a smallblock Chevy Z; but I'm a Mopar guy deep within my veins. I know I'm a newbie around here; but could I get a CD too? I was joking with my wife sayin I want to put a Hemi in the Z; but I didn't know a BB Mopar had been done already! Just let me know what you need. [email protected]

-Ken

BRAAP    244

Dug around my computer for those photos, I no longer have them, sorry. All I have left is what is in my Photobucket linked below, you will want to copy those right away as I have no idea how much longer Photobucket will host those pics before trying to extort the $400 a year fee they just instated to host them which I will not surrender to, (many have already had their pics locked).

http://s17.photobucket.com/user/BRAAPZ/library/Mopar%20Z?sort=3&page=1

Best of luck with your Mopar Z project, take care,

Paul

Derek    46

Dug around my computer for those photos, I no longer have them, sorry. All I have left is what is in my Photobucket linked below, you will want to copy those right away as I have no idea how much longer Photobucket will host those pics before trying to extort the $400 a year fee they just instated to host them which I will not surrender to, (many have already had their pics locked).

http://s17.photobucket.com/user/BRAAPZ/library/Mopar%20Z?sort=3&page=1

Best of luck with your Mopar Z project, take care,

Paul

Geez Paul you haven't posted since 2015 and this is all we get:)