HybridZ

[Q] about crank angle sensor type of VQ engine

Guest LimitRev

Guest LimitRev

I am newbie in this site.

Does anybody know what type of crank angle sensor adapted for VQ engine especially for VQ35DE ?

Is it a inductive type with chopping wheel? Then how many tooth the wheel has ? Most of European cars have inductive type crank angle sensor with 58 tooth wheel. Does the VQ has the same type ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fred Allen Burge
I am newbie in this site.

Does anybody know what type of crank angle sensor adapted for VQ engine especially for VQ35DE ?

Is it a inductive type with chopping wheel? Then how many tooth the wheel has ? Most of European cars have inductive type crank angle sensor with 58 tooth wheel. Does the VQ has the same type ?

The VQ30DE's use a 360 tooth wheel on the flywheel w/ a magnetic pickup type sensor. They also use a 3 or 4 tooth wheel on the front pully with the same type of sensor.

The VQ35DE's use a similar setup but w/ 3 sets of 20 teeth on the flywheel and no front sensor.

Fred

• 1 month later...
Guest LimitRev
The VQ30DE's use a 360 tooth wheel on the flywheel w/ a magnetic pickup type sensor. They also use a 3 or 4 tooth wheel on the front pully with the same type of sensor.

The VQ35DE's use a similar setup but w/ 3 sets of 20 teeth on the flywheel and no front sensor.

Fred

Thank you.. Fred..

I just wanted to hook up e-manage ultimate to my car. My car has 58 tooth chopping wheel for crank position sensing. According to a guy he is a member of BMW forum, they could succeed in installing the e-manage ultimate in M3 with selecting VQ35DE's crank position sensor as its sensor type.

Unfortunately e-manage ultimate do not support european car. So they try to find a certain japanese car which has the same type of crank sensor as M3. They say it is VQ35DE....

It's reason why I want to know the type of crank sensor of VQ35DE...

Thank you again....