HybridZ

550cc injectors for my RB20det

jerryb

Im considering the following injectors for my RB20DET...they claim its a direct hook up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8075384087&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I have the following:RB20DET , RB25Turbo, tube headers and 3"down pipe and Exhaust, Power FC...blah blah blah

Are the 550CC overkill, I already have the GTR nozzles sitting here but they are used.....the $405 sounds like a decent price and they are new. My goal is to have as much flexibility and power without sacraficing drivability.......what should I do!!!!!!:?: Again are they overkill or within the performance range of my engine.

Much appreciate your comments

Im considering the following injectors for my RB20DET...they claim its a direct hook up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8075384087&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I have the following:RB20DET , RB25Turbo, tube headers and 3"down pipe and Exhaust, Power FC...blah blah blah

Are the 550CC overkill, I already have the GTR nozzles sitting here but they are used.....the $405 sounds like a decent price and they are new. My goal is to have as much flexibility and power without sacraficing drivability.......what should I do!!!!!!:?: Again are they overkill or within the performance range of my engine.

Much appreciate your comments

Let me know how they work!

GTR injectors are morethan enough for most RB20 aplications, they flow 440cc

I think the stock RB20 injectors are 270cc or there abouts.

unless you build the bottom end, you should not need bigger injectors than the GTRs

edit: i just looked at the injectors you are looking at, they are side feed for RB25, RB20 needs top feed. this will not fit straight in, you will need a custom fuel rail etc

unless there are a series of RB motor im not aware of, they are all topfeed injectors. including the rb25. the pic on teh autcion looks like topfeed injectors to me maybe im missing something. if it works on the rb20 it will fit the rb25 and rb26 and vice versa. a very popular bolt on mod in japan is the rb26 to rb20, they are plenty especially if your just running the rb25 turbo.

oh yea just so you know these are reman injectors not new. i bought a set of 1000cc injectors from him a while back and didnt get a flow sheet. i dont think im gonna use them till i get them flow checked. all the part numbers are different on the body, they are all denso injectors but for sure not new. :fmad:

I gave the wrong link, he has top feed, these are the RB25 side feeds.

Aside from that perhaps I will wait and just send in my 440s for "rebuild"...I actually have 8 injectors. Its not like I will be putting out "that much" more power. The 440s should handle it......if they dont Ill move up.

Tomorrow Ill have my exhuast measured up by a local welder that will build me a very nice 18 gauge SS pipe, he does nice hotrod work for the custom crowd but charges only $50/hour plus actual material cost, nice deal!

....its getting closer to start up!

GTR injectors are morethan enough for most RB20 aplications' date=' they flow 440cc

I think the stock RB20 injectors are 270cc or there abouts.

unless you build the bottom end, you should not need bigger injectors than the GTRs

edit: i just looked at the injectors you are looking at, they are side feed for RB25, RB20 needs top feed. this will not fit straight in, you will need a custom fuel rail etc[/quote']

Just remember, don't forget the injector resistors when switching to GT-R injectors or MOST top feed injectors.