HybridZ

my s30 drawings...

OlderThanMe

I definitely don't think I'm likeing the rising sun fenders...but the drawing is really coming along! I got to thinking about the street camo, and then I remembered the zzzap car somebody found a few days ago...and this is what i came up with at work today:

sketch001.jpg

I may actually do it tomorrow, if i get bored enough...

ok so we should ban you from hybridz for tomorrow so you will be really bored...lol

I think you should do some of those perpendicular faded yellow stripes...it gives that industrial look...

I don't really like the rising sun either...it won't flow well. maybe on the roof...

Well, i'd have to wait for the weather to clear up...it's totally raining like crazy right now, so unless it clears up, it doesn't look too good...Also, my car doesn't actually have ZG flares or louvers, but I thought they might look cool with that particular paint scheme. I think I need a whale tale too...

veritech, I have some S30 louvers that I am not going to be using. give me an offer and I will get you the louvers that you need but they need to be painted...they are the metal ones with rounded corners instead of the triangle-type ones. There is a pic of them on page 1 of my worklog.

OTM, where are you located? I'm really on the cheap to free plan right now so if they are going to be too much, i'll probably have to pass...However, I've been reconsidering my former disdain of the hatch louvers, since i've heard they can help with the exhaust fume death I've been experiencing lately...Instead of a rising sun, how about a white car with a meatball that starts over the left front fender bleeds over the hood?

risingdatsun.jpg

here is a really bad scan of a really quick sketch...

I'm really liking the idea of the rising sun paint job. Seeing it in a color sketch helps a lot. I still like the idea of using one of the rear wheels as the center point for the sun in the design. I've seen pictures of tires molded in colors, seems like something for the Honda crowd but it might prove useful for this paint job. Use a red rim, along with a red tire and then have the rays of the sun design radiating out from there. If nothing else, it'll sure spin up some of the old WWII vets.

I've always though that this paint scheme would look cool on a Z too:

ed5150-001.jpg

Well, the weather was good, but I got caught up in 3 fast 3 furious fever, and my buddy pulled my wife and I out to go see that, and we ended up spending our day with him and his brother...I'm thinking that I'll try and get that paint on there sometime this week though. In the meantime, i've got some more random paint ideas (i could do these all day {and usually do!}):

zerodatsun.jpg

this one is supposed to look like a zero fighter plane...

zerodatsun.jpg

this one is supposed to look like a zero fighter plane...

That looks mean as hell. I never would have though an Am-6 Zero paint job would look good on a Z, but it definitely does. How about doing the whole nose in black? That way you could airbrush in some exhaust streaks from the radial engine onto the doors :)

Mike

Z-tard, Thank you! it took about half an hour to get those scoops done and that pic was about half way through sketching them. I have also added viper type fender louvers.

The airdam I drew is similar to the converntional polyurethane ones but the vertical part scoops air to go through the radiator since the air won't be getting stuck in the engine bay. The ducting design I have there will not work with a distributor so that is another reason to go distributorless.

what you need is a little yellow on the front of the hood. Maybe a 2in. wide strip of it. Or maybe on the front of the door going vertically.

a48ym2013.jpg

time to go to the store and get some olive drab for your Z...who would have thought of putting olive drab on a Z...lol

I was pioneering the use of olive drab on my z years ago! Or rather I would have been, if it had been available...instead, I had to settle for a really crappy shade of Wal-Mart green...anyway, imagine this:

fly-by-P-40.jpg

exhaust and all! OTM,I can see that you are clearly not ready for my vehicle paint scheme jack-assery...I think you are almost there, perhaps with more shaolin training you will be able to think outside the bun on my level...(those are all jokes, by the way!)

Yeah yeah...I have been seriously been thinking about the shark face idea...The first thing I thought when I saw this old black sportscar sitting in a driveway with toys all over it was "that car looks like a shark!" so I may be doing some teeth around the mouth of my Z but I still can't get over the camo idea...it is sort of a love-hate kind of thing. The relationship I have had with my car has been that...love-hate...but now that I am making the new wiring harness it will be much more love thanm hate then I will start playing with paint schemes. I want to get an old hood to cut up and make the big vents but still fit around all teh stck stuff. I will have a welder by my summer break next year so I will probably be angling the radiator and doing all of that fun modification stuff.

Veritech, I think you should make a custom header that just dumps out the side of your car...that would be nice. Then you could have one of those electric exhaust cutouts feed into a regular exhaust with a hidden rear tip.