HybridZ

my s30 drawings...

OlderThanMe

Yeah, I've seen it lately, but it's expensive, maybe twice what a normal can of spray paint would cost. I think you can get it at NAPA now, but don't quote me on that. Also there is a self-etching primer that is olive drab that was available at Advance Auto Parts when I was working there, but it's not so good to leave a car in bare primer in Florida...As for the Exhaust dump idea, I was thinking of mounting up my turbo so that the downpipe goes towards the front of the car, and then route the pipe around to the passenger side and up into the fender. Then it would mate up to a box that had six turn-downs coming out of it near the top of the fender, like in the first camo-drawing...

haircut.jpg

here is the way I was wanting to paint it after it was finished, pearl white on the bottom, gloss black on the top. that little diagram is a top view of what I was talking about with the exhaust plumbing

I dig the fighter plane paint ideas. I'm not sure I'd want to drive one every day, but they are definitely cool. Driving a Z gets you into enough chit-chat at the gas station, know what I mean? Maybe for my someday ghetto racecar... I imagine there are some old tanks with cool schemes too (esp German). Here's the paint jobs I've found since reading this:

-Two "Spitfires"

JGarrison.jpg

JGarrison2.jpg

RChapman.jpg

The Mitsubishi A6M7 Zero Starion

StarZero.jpg

Z-tard, 31s won't fit without some modification. I thinkvyou can get soome 28" rally tires though. I am reuuing regualr street tires that are 26" tall and it fills the wheelwell very much. Maybe I'll go out into the garage and crank my coilovers all the way up...just to see how it looks.

those spitfires are pretty cool...Not really agressive enough camo...that mitsu is interesting. Just needs real camo...

No, that Starion is Dope! that's just how a zero would have been painted! There is a guy in our local drift scene that has a first gen miata that he's vinyled up in street camo. Let me see if I can find a picture real quick....did find these:

camoAE86.jpg

camoRX7.jpg

camocrown.jpg

Well, I never did find it...I might have a friend with a picture of it, I know he has video...All these pics came from www.drifting.com, they have a camo paint job thread as well. I may join once i paint my car just to post on that thread...

notice the machine gun on the hood, the star shaped turn signals, and the camo netting on the dash board...this guy took it to the NEXT level...

I always thought it would be cool to have a roots blower sticking up out of the hood with a small gatling gun barrel detail on the end of the pulley so it would look like a chain gun. Maybe some nose art on the fenders...