HybridZ

Operation: Camo Zzzap!

veritech-z

Ok, so if anyone was following the My S30 Drawings thread starring Olderthanme, racerx, z-tard, myself, and a few others, you might have heard mention of Operation: camo zzzap! In the spirit of good natured jack-assery and lovers of over the top silliness everywhere, I have decided to put my money where my mouth is so to speak, and get started on what may or may not be a source of WTF?! threads on other internet forums for minutes to come...

So, in case you guys missed it, here is the inspiration for operation: camo zzzap! Somebody posted a picture of a busted yellow zzzap z a week or so ago, and it got me thinking. I actually dug the graphics, just not the colors....

sketch_001.jpg

I made this drawing, and Olderthanme suggested I actually do it, so I decided what the heck, i've got nothing better to do...

DSCI0005.JPG

DSCI0006.JPG

the car before paint...

DSCI0007.JPG

the supplies...

DSCI0009.JPG

DSCI0008.JPG

the tape job (yes that is duct tape, not masking tape...)

DSCI0010.JPG

DSCI0011.JPG

DSCI0012.JPG

DSCI0013.JPG

DSCI0014.JPG

I'm planning to paint the airdam and the side stripes tomorrow before work since I go in late.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ON3GO

very cool.. very different... but ya should have masked off the rest of the car :D.

also... i love your sig... those chat room storys were the best!

mike

Guest l28et

I want those wheels. The car looks better primered, but I think the whole thing in cammo would be HOT. Check out the exhaust, it hangs low and to the left, like my - ah nevermind.:)

Good luck finding another set of Impul Hoshino Racing RSIII in 17X7 front and 17X8 rear anywhere....

Don't worry Mike, I'm not done yet, I'm planning to touch up the rest of the flat black, and also spray the door stripes this morning. I'll load the pics up later. I might have to re attatch all these, because like the super genius I am I decided to load them up at 8megapixels, and my album is full, so I'll probably resize them a bit later.

I was wondering if anybody would notice my sig...I thought that was one of the funniest things I'd seen in a long time. I kept picturing the Black Mage character from www.nuklearpower.com the whole time I was reading it.

*edit* for those that don't get the joke, this thread we're talking about can be referenced by braving the dark, convoluted labyrinth that is known as.......the tool shed (dun dun dun!)

When I saw "camo" in the title I, was having my doubts. But I must say it turned out quite good actually. Not a big fan of camo but that one point that can change my opinion.

What type of flat black is on there? Is it rattle can or sprayed? It looks pretty even.