HybridZ

Operation: Camo Zzzap!

veritech-z

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I felt bad for not having any updates last time somebody asked, so I went ahead and actually did some stuff to the car this weekend. It's been sitting with a dead Optima red-top in it for like three weeks now, so i took it and had it exchanged. While under the hood, I decided it was finally time to add my intercooler trim panel that i've been hiding in a closet. This was a factory trim item from the Sunny Pulsar GTi-R that the previous owner of the intercooler had ceramic coated to be a sort of polished aluminum look. It's been languishing in various drawers and closets for years now, and it's finally back out in the sunshine. The reason I didn't use it right off the bat was because the hole in the hood wasn't big enough to clear it, and i was too busy with school and other things to enlarge said orifice. Well, today was the day, and here was the result:

spgp09286.jpg

spgp09287.jpg

spgp09288.jpg

spgp09285.jpg

I cut the crap out of my fingers during this operation, I guess the old girl's gone a few years without a good transfusion so she was about due for a drop or two of blood under the hood...

Also I polished the overspray off the tailights a few weeks ago, but didn't think to take any pictures of that...ended up with a blister from that one...I guess she's getting her revenge from making her sit in a garage undriven for a full year while i got my degree...

I graduated with my master's in December, it's drivin' time now, baby! (or rather, it would be if i'd ever found myself a replacement diff...)

I have the guts from the one I broke. Do you need the whole thing, or did something break in it?

I have the guts from the one I broke. Do you need the whole thing, or did something break in it?

It clunks during steady-state cruising, seems fine during acceleration. I haven't opened it up to see what exactly is wrong, mostly because it's a big PIA to do that, and I don't have a really good place to do it anymore. I figure if i'm going to go through all that trouble, I may as well just throw another one in it altogether. I actually need to upgrade my drivetrain from the flywheel back, I've got an NA flywheel, $20 NA clutch disc, and used NA pressure plate leading into a 5-speed that pops out of 5th under acceleration, and all that in addition to whatever is happening with my diff...