HybridZ

Operation: Camo Zzzap!

veritech-z

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta represent for the the dirty souf in the war of northern aggression (I don't really know why I still see rebel flags flying here in florida...even if you aren't a racist and just have "southern pride", wouldn't you want to steer clear of such a controversial symbol?) Don't you guys still have that on your state flag anyway? I never identified with slavery, but I always thought that the confederates had such colorful names for their generals...Stonewall Jackson was my favorite for some reason, his beard was dope...Plus the oldest instance of red-neckery that I've been able to trace in this country goes back to the south's use of a pedal powered, candle lit submarine that went down with all hands when a wave came over the top into the hatch WHILE STILL AT THE DOCK. TWICE. Then after the third try, they managed to paddle out to the blockading northern ship, with a bomb strapped to a pole extended out front, and rammed the ship, then went down with all hands again when they opened the hatch to see where they were. Then entire southern united states it seems is genetically pre-disposed to win darwin awards (www.darwinawards.com) and I can say that because I'm a native floridian, born and raised...I can just see how the idea for that submarine came into being: "hey cletus, you know that boat out there in the harbor? I got me an Idea..."

Its his own thread he can jack it all he wants to ...right?

anyways, here's what I was thinking. Not nearly as camo as yours but tiger stripes are technically camoflage.

100_7494.jpg

I'm not sure if the safety orange will work with this scheme or if I should go for a deeper shade of orange, more like a real tiger. The orange would fade to white at the bottom of the car. I experimented with shading a bit, it turned out okay I guess. So, whatcha think?

For some reason photobucket, and pictures hosted at photobucket are blocked from my computer at work, so I can't actually see your pic until I get home. I'm very curious about these tiger stripes, because I've never seen a tiger paint job come off very well. There was a first gen crx around here for awhile that was white with black stripes, came off more like a zebra, and it didn't really look too cool IMO...I'm kind of partial to the camo flames at this point. I've never heard of anyone doing something like that, and it wouldn't be that hard to do. That would look so hard on a flat black car...

If you wanted to take it to the next level, you could totally get some uniroyal tiger paw tires...Na...those tires suck anyway. I don't know how I feel about that yet. I've seen a lot of ideas that literally looked good on paper (heck, i've even had a few) and don't translate too well into live action (see: Superman I-IV, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I-III, Super Mario Bros., the movie) so I'm trying to think of something that would take it out of the realm of hokey paint job, and legitamize it a little bit. Race cars seem to be able to get away with anything, so possibly putting a number field on the side, and doing the whole parts list down the fender would help. I always wanted to paint a car like a police car, and put panty inspector on the badge part of the door, but now that I'm married, I doubt that would fly too far...

I think the camo BRE livery would be super different. Bre clones have been done, but not like that. So are you running a g-nose, or no? I just saw a fiberglass one on ebay that was like $300 the other day...I still think snow camo flames on flat black would be dope, especially on a g-nose car because it give you the extra area to paint the flames. Plus, flat black is cheap, requires less coats to cover your old color, and is available from most any brand.

*edit* I wasn't trying to discount either your drawing, or the idea of the tiger paint, just that I've seen it attempted, and it's VERY hard to make it look right. The idea is sound, but the possibility for disaster is very real.

I'm really not that attached to the idea, the more I think about it the more I dread the masking so I'm just going to ignore it for now.

I dont have a g nose but I want one so I just drew it in. I dont have anything below the bumper anymore so I need something, a custom g nose is in the works. I've got so much body work to do I just want a cheapo paint job that I can touch up easily as I work. Speaking of flat black I've got another idea... I'll see if I cant get it posted up later tonight, I wish I had more time to draw.

Here's a spin on your idea...

2332298_14_full.jpg

Use flat black instead of white on the sides and use orange as the base color for the top, then lay down grey and black camo spots over that. THe lower stripes would be blue with grey and black spots. I was thinking about using white instead of the grey but the way you colored the original I cant do that. plus it would keep the colors a little more subdued, even though it is orange! btw, hope you dont mind me borrowing your pic.