HybridZ

How to mount them there ZG Flares

240hoke

HI there, are you still doing the ZG install kits? I have the flares but not the Allen bolts, felt or washers etc..

I like the way your Z turned out, the way I had imagined the install process seemed to be a much harsher install than what it actually is. Granted it is a bit of cutting and I'm still not 100% sure if I'll do it.

I don't think I'd need my Z lowered more than what you have done so it looks like the perfect tutorial to emulate.:mrgreen:

toecutter -- After looking at those pictures closely I think you are right, my flares were fatter in the front and tapered in a little towards the rear. Looks like he might have them flip flopped, but its kinda hard to say from those pictures.

gav240z --

If your car is as low as mine and you are running wide tires I reccomend you cut them a little farther up like johnc, perhaps .5" to 1" farther in the rear. I may be cutting up a little farther in the future for safe measures.

And Yes I am still doing the kits:

They are 55 dollars plus 5 bucks shipping.

It includes:

24+1 SS 1/4" allen button head bolts

24+1 SS 1/4" AN style washers (smaller diameter)

12+1 Nutserts for the rear

12+1 SS nuts/lock washer/washers for the front

4 Strips of welting - this is nice quality stuff, i loved using it on my car, very flexible and easy to work with.

Pm me if you are interested.

Thanks!

I was wondering, if you were to cut the outer rear fender, instead of bending the inner fender back up and tacking, would it be possible just to clamp it flat against the outerfender? This way it would become the same layer as the outerfender and you would bolt through both when you installed the flares (avoiding nut insert thingamajigers). That would allow you not to have to weld, and then you could just use epoxy or something similar to seal it up nicely. The question though, is, is there enough metal? just a thought.

No I dont think its possible, if you looks at the design of the inner fender it cant very well be pinched together, especially if you cut it up higher like johnc. I tink youll end up warping hte fender and it would also leave a sharp edge. But who knows give it a try and let us know!

• 1 month later...

I went with putting the tops of the rear flares 3.75" up from the original lips... I hope this works out fine for 2" shorter struts with 16x10" wheels...

ZGrearflaremountingheight.jpg

I fit the fronts similarly... though they do not seem to need as much cutting

ZGfrontflaremountingheight.jpg

I added a few more pics...

initialcuts.jpg

initialcuts2.jpg

initialfolds.jpg

initialwelding.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

If I can get a couple people wanting them at the same time I am willing to put some more together. If 5 people agree to purchase a kit ill make another run. I just have trouble finding time to put a couple together here and there since im in school right now.

Lemme know if yall are interested. I belive there are 4 right now interested in you guys PM me again i can keep track.

Hey,

If I can get a couple people wanting them at the same time I am willing to put some more together. If 5 people agree to purchase a kit ill make another run. I just have trouble finding time to put a couple together here and there since im in school right now.

Lemme know if yall are interested. I belive there are 4 right now interested in you guys PM me again i can keep track.

PM Sent

I might get another guy that wants one of these, but dont know that for sure untill next week.