HybridZ

??? Any Digital Ignitions Systems w/ COMPLETE Control ???

Guest Mike

I want to replace my HEI ignition system with something that offers COMPLETE in-cabin fingertip control. I've found systems that offer user controls via pots on the side of the unit and some offer a few dash-mounted pots. However, I don't see any that offer FULL dash-mount control. I want complete fingertip control of initial timing, vacuum advance, RPM "centrifugal" advance, nitrous retard, high RPM retard, trans-brake RPM, etc.

I don't want to mortgage my home to pay for this:shock: nor do I want one which requires setup by someone with a PHD:bonk:... maybe I'm dreaming... or dilluded???:ugg:

If my only option is to by-pass the pots on the PC boards and mount pots of like value in a dash panel, I can do that. I might even opt for rotary switches using fixed resistors to eliminate possible slippage and accidental rotation. However, Id rather do this the easy way... with a factory turn-key sysytem. BTW, if I must modify, does anyone know if I must shield the wiring and pots once they're moved?

Engine: Gen1 SBC 350 w/ mid 80's HEI distr. ~350/350, 100 shot of NOS (soon)

Transmission: 200-4R

Diff: R200 VLSD 3.9:1

Car: 260ZZZZZZZZZZZoooooommmm!!!!!