HybridZ

PROGRESS!!!!!! yes, new engine swap pics....

FJ 280z

That looks nice. I only see one thing that scares me a little...

That wastegate dump tube is dumping right in front of your oil return AN fitting, right?

I don't know about yours... but my wastegate dump tubes in the past have been known to melt stuff, cook rubber parts, and generally heat the heck out of anything it exits towards.

I'm afraid your wastegate dump will be heating your oil as it returns to the pan, and on top of that, it will decrease the life of the hose near the fitting.

Unless my perspective is wrong... and its not dumping right in front of that fitting.

Aside from that, its looking great.

For idle control, you could just temporarily kick it up with the throttle return stop screw and idle around 1000rpm or so. Richen the mixture nicely for warmup, and you should get along just fine. The climate you live in down in Arizona hopefully won't require severe cold starts anyway.

I ran my car like this for a long time in Okinawa, Japan... the weather never got very cold there.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Hugh, i'll definitely check into that....i wasn't really done i just didn't know how i wanted to route it, i wanted it to exit into the atmosphere for that chainsaw sound, but i still want to make this a sleeper so maybe this weekend i'll try to route the wastegate dump pipe into the exhaust, i have an idea on how to do it, shouldn't take that much more time.....im so close i can feel it....:D

Nah, I love the open wastegate. You can still sleep with one... I've done it many times to people.

In my old 180sx, I would roll along side someone who wanted to play and just stay out of the boost. I might spoolup slightly keeping the wastegate closed but pop the blow off valve. This gives people the sense that you're turbo, but nothing too special.

When they drop the hammer, and you open the wastegate... the look on their face is priceless. I've seen many people go from grinning to mouth hanging open to pissed very quickly. :D

It also makes a nice F#%& You horn when somebody does something that pisses you off in traffic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...