HybridZ

PROGRESS!!!!!! yes, new engine swap pics....

FJ 280z

so i see the mod where you put on another throttlebody...q45 maybe or what is it called in AU, like a XF throttlebody or something like that.....did you actually shorten the runners on the intake manifold also?

No shortened runners, thats a S12 plenum, it has shorter runners than the Skyline plenum you are using. Yeh, XF Falcon throttle body. The bonnet/hood on mine is stock, clearance around the throttle body is very tight.

Its a good conversion, enjoy.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the difference between the 2 intake manifolds, cause i have an extra manifold, off a 20e but the only difference i can see is that it doesn't have a stud or hole for the throttle cable bracket. do the s12's come turbo cause the extra intake manifold i have doesn't say TURBO on it, all just say ECCS

• 1 month later...

allright guys a little more progress, been a busy week with school starting and i got rearended in my nissan truck a week ago....but some things are done...

fixed the steering shaft clearance problem with an extra u joint and a heim joint as a brace, steers beautifullly now,

trans was stuck in 1st gear, fixed that, fixed the broken trans mount, driveshaft is on and the driveline is complete

clocked the turbo, mounted the radiator, connected some of the wiring for lights, etc....

only things left to do now is bend 2 brake lines, a clutch line, bleed those two, fab up intercooler piping and an exhaust, wire up the megasquirt, change all the fluids, and it should be running by the end of the month "fingers crossed" heres a few teaser pics....

100_0456.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0446.jpg

What a cool swap! Are you running that engine N/A for now, or is the air filter over there just to keep junk out of the throttle body? That turbo looks so good sitting on top like that, I wish I could do something like that on my L28...stupid non-crossflow design...

Nice work with that steering shaft, by the way, looks pretty solid. Is that turbo going to clear the hood? How are you going to route the oil feed/return lines?

yasin, the turbo is a turbonetics t3/t4 hybrid in stage II trim, the manifold is an old school HKS top mount manifold....believe me i will be calling for your help some time in the future :)

veritech....the filter is just there to keep stuff out the TB till i can fab up intercooler piping....yes, the turbo sticks out the vent on the hood so something will have to happen with the hood to make everything fit cleanly....as for as oil supply/return....i might make a tee off the oil pressure sensor(which is on the intake side) or drill the block for a feed, and weld a bung to the oil pan for the return.....i should have the intercooler piping up this weekend, and finish off the brakes and wiring

Sounds great call me anytime.

BTW - not sure on the mileage on your FJ but did you mess with the chain tensioner(s)? I am not sure if you know this or not, but they slap a fair bit even with low mileage, there is a $2 mod you can do to address this - may want to check http://www.fj20.com and do a search, if I come across it I will email it to you.

Best regards -

Yasin

talking bout the mazda chain tensioner mod. i really wanted to do it when i was assembling the engine, i had the timing cover off and the chain off too, but we'll see how it is when i start it up. funny thing is when i tried to use the mazda part number on the FJ20.com website, the guys at the mazda parts looked at me dumbfounded, AU and Japan #'s are different, so i had to crossreference the car. thanks for the tip though yasin!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

new_pic.JPG

recent pic with intercooler piping, more details to come after this weekend, so far i finished fabbing the front brake lines, oil feed line, oil return line in to the pan, and right now im working on the custom throttle cable and coolant lines. after that i gotta get a bung welded for the MS IAT sensor, and finish wiring up the megasquirt, better pictures coming this weekend, peace for now......

Wow, FJ, that is a nice swap,:hail: I wanted to do this swap in a V6 200sx I had found on e-bay but, unfortunately, after I won the auction the guy decided not to sell the car.

Could you tell me the coordonates of that Canadian dealer you were talking about with Yasin earlier in this tread, I want to check if they can get me a 200ZR oil pan for my RB swap. Thanks.:2thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

guess where i spent new years weekend...don't mind the ugly exhaust welds....this is for you Yasin..........happy new years everyone

top_view_turbo.JPG

oil_tee.JPG

oil_return.JPG

under_car_exhaust.JPG

under_car.JPG

alternator.JPG

pass_fquarter.JPG

on_the_lift.JPG

still trying to figure out the megasquirt thing. working on idle air control, probably gonna use the OEM Bosch air regulator unit, gotta drain the gas tank and fill it up, flush the lines and add a inline filter, and a few more things that will probably be taken care of this weekend. peace for now....