HybridZ

L28e To L28et Swap

AE2ZX

still waiting on the dissy ..the seller said they shipped it out so it should be any day now ..i painted up my wing ...and reinstalled it . i will post some pics tomarrow ..iam out of batteries :oops: think i may have found some newer tires for these new rims 205/55 R15's..there on that saab .

he said there almost new lolol :rolleyesghe's going to bring them up mabe tomarrow ..i painted one more rim and rocked these bigger dish riders on the back for most of the day ..fools where pretty stoked on the drift out of the new skate park parking lot ...we just got it , had the park for five years and just now getting a parking lot :rolleyesg anyways nice new blacktop = Big smokey left hander:twisted: lolololol ....

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

those 15's look good!

(200 is a price for 14's, if you sold the 15's you should ask more) :)

Keep the 15's like you were saying, with how low your car is, those will look nice. The tire size you mentioned will look good too but be a little shorter than stock... your speedo will read faster than you're going. Just keep that in mind.

I still haven't put that wastegate in. I'm not so sure about trying to break those bolts loose on my daily driver. I might try some penetrating oil daily for a few weeks to free up the wastegate lever that is on there now.

ya breaking thoughs free was such a big B .We had to put the turbo in the vice and use the two wrenches trick , to crack them free ..

The rims look real good . 0 off set looks real nice in the back , i cant wait to see all them on her all the way around....he didnt drop thoughs tires off befor he went to work :( but iam sure he will after ..

what is the stock tire size for 15'' rims on the turbo rimed zcar 195/60 R15 ?

000_0449.jpg

000_0452.jpg

000_0454.jpg

got the trany out of the shed and started cleaing it up ..seemed to shift into gear a little hard but with a little gear oil and some clean up that went right away ..still got a little more cleaning to do and then it will be good to go :icon47:

tires are yet to be seen from that saab..he will show up slow ass b#@$#@ lololol:D waiting on dissy and clutch ...and some rainy days ..

as soon as i hit the rain season then i will pull everything apart. then start the build up ...mid sept i want everything here so that i can ....

strip out all the old , keep what i need , paint paint paint, install wirEING H ,then motor and trany , cut my stick hole , put drive line in ,then hook up everything ..i can see it all laided out in my mind .but there is always a catch ..hopefully with plaining it right there will only be a few small ones .

ya my speedo is about 5 miles faster .. do to the 205/50 R15's on the Back , kind of lame but i will deaL untell i find some better tires ..lame ass still never showed up . .for sure going to paint the bay wit the motor out also with the motor out ,

i want to install this manual rack i pulled from the 79 parts car ...

will the this rack work with a turbo setup ???

no streeing pump would be tight ..but , will the steering shaft clear the turbo ?

looks like it could be pretty close . i read these racks didnt come on many of the cars sold in the usa ...

so i was pretty stoked on pulling this one ..

a good clean up and it will work great , but will it fit with the turbo in there ??

if anyone has a pic of there turbo setup with this rack installed

please post IT..i would like to see how close the bar runs next to the turbo .

IMG_1362.jpg

right after i posted my little bro came Walking up ..his car broke down and that is why he never got the tires to me lololololol .well anyway i took him home and picked them up ..

there pretty nice tires ..going to get them mounted in the moring :)

No buddy knows anything about the manl rack ????

tight pics thanks nismo your looking real clean and nice in there ...

yes for sure iam losing the full power rack and pinion.

i wouldnt want to get that box hot and not be able to steer lolololol

but the rack your using is the power assist rack and pinion ....

the one i have here does not have the power assist ..its fully manual .

i guess what i need to know now is ....

will there be any change in the placement of the shaft between fully manual rack and the power assist rack ?

i dont think there will be ..if anything from looking at the pics there will be just a little more room and i will lose the pump and belt off the front off the motor .. =ing cleaner setup way lighter and mabe + 1hp lolololol

iam stoked on your clean ass setup nismo super sick cleannnnnn turbo driven :)

iam stoked on your clean ass setup nismo super sick cleannnnnn turbo driven :)

The reason... my L28ET has 2300 miles in 3 years... only driven on nice dry days, and when it's running right. DOH!

That manual rack should fit just like the power rack. I doubt there would be any mounting/hook up differences.

That manual rack should fit just like the power rack. I doubt there would be any mounting/hook up differences.

good beans .bleach had told me about the power rack not working and getting way to hot with the box right there next to the turbo ..

hot ='s big:nono:.. i have Do have a power assist rack on the turbo car .

but after thinking it over the manual rack would be pretty tight mod that not many will have ON A 280ZX.

after i get these tires mounted tomarrow iam going to work on cleaing up the rack.

its tie rods are a little rusty but i think it will all clean up nice ..i was more worried with the

shaft ,being in line with the front of the turbo but after carefully reviewing the pics i can see for sure that the shaft shouldn't even come close to the front and if anything it will sit alittle bit lower becauce the gear box is a little smaller on the manual rack ..thanks again nismo :icon14:

i will have to make a block off plate for the pump .

good thing i kept some extra metal .

you can probaly use a section of the power steering resivour mounting bracket as your blockoff plate.

some guy posted a pic of an L28et installed in an 81 with full power steering. He cut the actuator mounting plate a little and it fit but was right next to the turbo.

powersteeringturbo.jpg

you'll get +1hp with that manual steering rack. no way will I be able to keep up with you now!

now you won't have to worry about leaking fluid either. these power steering racks can be annoying.

15" 0 off set Dishes with fuzion Zri 205/55 R15's

rims002-1.jpg

rims004.jpg

rims003.jpg

rims001.jpg

FOR SALE Rims with tires $200

enkei rims 14" x 6.5 tires are cooper all weather S/T 195/70 R14

both are in tip top shape with no curb marks and very Little tread wear

rims005.jpg

good idea on the pump braket cut up bleach ...

wont have to drill out he holes that way :)

now on to cleaning this rack up .

lololololol bleach my +1hp wont come close to your

tranys gearing you will pass me in the long run :)

Just a thought, If your car has the recirculating ball type steering setup, I don't think your crossmember has the bosses on it for the rack. I think you will need the crossmember off the car you pulled the rack from. Also, the manual and power steering crossmembers are not quite the same. It is easier just to get the whole setup from the manual steering car.

Aaron

Just a thought' date=' If your car has the recirculating ball type steering setup, I don't think your crossmember has the bosses on it for the rack. I think you will need the crossmember off the car you pulled the rack from. Also, the manual and power steering crossmembers are not quite the same. It is easier just to get the whole setup from the manual steering car.

Aaron[/quote']

hmhmhmh i have the 79 car out back .and i have a 81 turbo car here aswell .both with motors pulled .so i went and checked the cross member on both cars and THEY LOOK the same ..

i dought that there will be any change when i pull my motor and look at my na 81 ..

however , i will find out what i need for sure , when i pull my motor and then pull the parts needed ..

hmhmhmhmhm :-|.

Ya, the crossmembers for the manual and power steering (rack and pinion type) look almost the same. At one time a while back, I had FOUR 280ZX's in my driveway!!! Two 83 turbos ( power rack), one 81 base model ( manual rack), and one 79 GL ( recirc ball). If you measure the spacing between the holes for the 'clamps' that hold down the rack to the crossmember, I believe the manual one has wider spacing. The clamps themselves are not the same, and the rubber bushings for both racks are not the same. I had tried at one point to put a manual rack onto a power rack type crossmember, but it didn't work out right. I ended up getting a 1980 ZX that had manual steering, got rid of the parts cars, and didn't have to worry about it in the end. Also, the turbo fits no prob with the manual rack.

Aaron

after rechecking the rack seats , i can see why this wont fit without the cross member :( lame .

well i guess i can just use the turbo cars rack with no problems ..cant hurt a guy for trying .

good thing i posted about this i would have been pissed if i got hit with removing the turbo cars rack at the last second .

thanks for looking out aarang :icon47:

Changing out the crossmember really isn't that big of a deal. If the motor is going to be out anyway, it makes it that much easier. It is still not that bad to remove with the motor in the car. I think it would be worth the effort in the end. I like my manual steering, the turning effort is not that much more than the power steering and I have 225/50-16's on the front.

Aaron