AE2ZX

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we have boost ....

i think i got her to four 4lb's .. air fuel guage is still droping like mad .

like to much air not the right fuel ..mabe a vacum leak ... going to mess

her untell she is just right .bov sound pretty sick .....boost is way differnt than N/A ..i have never own a boosted car and i really like it alot ..i still need to do alot of tuneing ....i think the crank agle sensor is still not right on the spot it should be ..seems alittle advanced ...but for sure injectors fixed so much .now it has low end has pull to it and it does start droping air fuel mix to the lean zone untell i get to like 0 1 2 or 3 lb of boost ..like air is leaking in ..

that mix has to be just right ..well off i go

after getting her rejusted ..she pulls hard up to 2lbs of boost ..i can see the fuel presser gauge droping like mad .. is my fuel pump toping out ?

i was told by the parts store dude that they would sell you that same pump for NA OR TURBO .in the hayness book it says fuel pump maxs out at like 68psi

it says nothing about turbo or na ......my presser gauge on the fpr , drops AS IT STARTS BOOSTING .

mabe my fuel pump is takeing a crap .still not the right amount of fuel air pushing in ..this turbo is a air blowing beast .with crazy ass sound .

i cant rev past 5200rpm , air fuel drops boost starts getting chopy .

there seems to be some confustion on this and other forums between

na / turbo fuel pumps ....are the differnt from each other ??????

one post says yes .one says no .one post says buy a walbro gsl392 {255lph} will that pump work on 280zxT? dO the fuel pumps bolt up the same on the older Z's as the ZX ????????????

Its pump time for sure ..i have used this pump sence day one so its time to upgrade .but with so many pumps on the market whitch pump ?

Use compressed air to blow through your fuel lines to make sure there is no restriction. Check all the way from tank to rail. Have you replaced the filter? What regulator are you using? If all this is good to go, I would suspect the pump. Did you check the small screen pre-filter on the pump?

i will check the pump screen .i have not ever done that .

i messed witht he crank angle box . who knows if its right or not .

it really seems like fuel ....mabe this turbo needs more than i can give

with na pump .i turned the fpr down drove it and then turned it up and drove it again .for sure it getts more with it set to a higher psi .

my na motor always ran lean with white plugs hhmhmmhmhm .

well off i go again test and tune test and tune .

sometime its the smallest stuff ...i cleanned the ecu connections ...problem FIXED i can rev to 5500rpm iam sure more but dont want to push it just yet.

fuel presser gauge stays solid ..... i have boost up to 3 or 4 psi .pulls so hard and sounds way sick ......turbo scream with loud BOV ...super stoked .now if i turn the timeing back and get the EX leak on the manifold locked down , also going to swap out fuel pumps for a higher flow one ....

iam for sure going to make it to 6psi ....this thread is amost over thanks to everyone that helped me make this happen ..there is still a few more things to fix and i will be around the forums looking though and learning .i always think to change the part and not check things out frist .

so funny it was the eazyest thing to fix ..iam pretty sure she golden now and will live a along and happy life ...

thanks all

swapdone004.jpg

swapdone002.jpg

swapdone001.jpg

No... thank you AE2ZX!!!!

I for one, would like to say that you've inspired my soon to

come conversion of my 72 240z to a 280zxt!

Your perseverance shown on this thread proved to me that

persistence and methodical build structures can bring

the success to any comprehensive project.

Thanx for journaling your steps for everyone to learn from.

Enjoy the ride!!!

THANK YOU MAMBA 888 post some

pics up of your setup up ...everyone need to post more pics !!!

messed with the crank angle box again . got it to 21 to 23 btdc .runs real clean no pops or wierd jumps in the tach ..the air fuel gauge is cycleing like it should ... but when put her under boost air fuel drops..... i can only get to a slow 2lb to 3lb of boost befor it starts lagging out .iam going to clean the ecu connections again .last time i cleaned the plugs not the ecu side it self ..mabe the singal isnt getting thought some where ...if i turn the fpr down it wont boost iam pretty sure fuel pump is part of the over all problem ...

Time is running short old man winter is going to be showing up soon .

Just an FYI, the pre 83' L28ET tune up spec is 20B timing, and the 83' is 24B. This is according to the chilton's manual.

So timing spec should be somewhere around there. In case you didn't have an offical documentation on it. I know if I didn't read it myself I would really start my timing in that area cuz that's kinda high :D

yes hayness says the same thing . i read that after i posted ..so i went and messed with it somemore and got it to a rock soild 20 btdc super stoked ..

so i took her for a drive ..it was cut out city ..i was all bummed ...i thought i would try to push on the euc plugs .so i poped the panal and as i was driving i pushed on the gas and wiggled the plugs ..air fuel did not drop i boosted to 5psi ..

she a fing rocket ship it put me back in the seat ...so i went and got the contact grease and a little file frist thing this moring ..as soon as i wake up iam going to go fix the connection ...

still a slow spooler gets to 0 AND THEN CLIMBS is that how these cars boost?

or should it just slam all the way to 7psi without stoping at the 0 mark ?

what does your turbo z do? fast to 7psi or hit 0 and slowly climb .anyone ?

yes hayness says the same thing . i read that after i posted ..so i went and messed with it somemore and got it to a rock soild 20 btdc super stoked ..

so i took her for a drive ..it was cut out city ..i was all bummed ...i thought i would try to push on the euc plugs .so i poped the panal and as i was driving i pushed on the gas and wiggled the plugs ..air fuel did not drop i boosted to 5psi ..

she a fing rocket ship it put me back in the seat ...so i went and got the contact grease and a little file frist thing this moring ..as soon as i wake up iam going to go fix the connection ...

still a slow spooler gets to 0 AND THEN CLIMBS is that how these cars boost?

or should it just slam all the way to 7psi without stoping at the 0 mark ?

what does your turbo z do? fast to 7psi or hit 0 and slowly climb .anyone ?

Check the pre-load on your wastegate actuator. By adding more load on the gate, it will stay closed longer to build more boost and that should cut the lag you're experiencing. Or you have a dreaded boost leak.

i all have to say is F YA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had BOTH VACUM LEAK AND WASTGATE WAS STUCK OPEN ABOUT A 1/4 INCH .also looks like i got the ecu plugs fixed no cuting out !

i hit 6-7psi , everytime i step it down .....FAST SPOOLING ..:D

she is done did getting some sickass turbo driven Darth Vader Zcar .

i will be "putting the HURT " on fools :D

i all have to say is F YA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had BOTH VACUM LEAK AND WASTGATE WAS STUCK OPEN ABOUT A 1/4 INCH .also looks like i got the ecu plugs fixed no cuting out !

i hit 6-7psi , everytime i step it down .....FAST SPOOLING ..:D

she is done did getting some sickass turbo driven Darth Vader Zcar .

i will be "putting the HURT " on fools :D

Good Job! Just don't try to get overboost happy with her...raise the boost (with supporting mods of course) in baby steps. I recommend you save up for an Innovate LM-1 or LC-1 with XD-1 guage wide band. Your motor will thank you for it when the modding begins.

BABY STEPS FOR SURE.......

its hard though... all i have to do is step down just under half way and its hitting 5psi ,SNAPPING MY NECK BACK , with a sickly cop car sirren sound .

i made my wastgate ajustable .so when iam ready for more say 10psi i can screw that arm down and psi will go up ..i wont be doing that for a few weeks .i need to install the intercooler and fine tune everything befor i will try for more ....happy Boosting TO ALL ......

i got the saab intercooler that was on the saab 9000 i also got the turbo from that aswell.... i posted pics they are few pages back in this post .but ya super stoked went for a lot of drives watching every gauge they ALL are staying perfict everything in the right zone .

for sure on the WB o2 ... it will be a bit befor i move on up the boost chain .

6psi is fast ....i about S#$!when she started breaking free in frist at 4300rpm scary fast takes the na and stomps on it .really i had n0o clue and iam realy blowen away .

Ya super stoked on it ...The bov sounds great ..I can hear it realy good .

The turbo spool sound is even better ..Sounds like iam holding a crazy laser gun when i step down on her ....Then when i let off i here shshshsshsh ..

Its not a loud shshshsshshsh more of a soft sound with hardness to it ....

She is very consistent... I have driven her everywhere .I even went for a drive last night a 3:15am ...

On waRM up even during hard driving , she does the same things Every time! Even air fuel stays very consistant ...Realy iam super happy with her .I cant beleave how fast she is .For sure shifting though the gears makes it alot faster ..I think this turbo garrett t3/t4 hybrid realy pushes her well very little to 0 lag if any at all , bam to 6psi if i push it all the way it jumps to 7 like it was already there , with intercooler on and 10psi .

two words .GETTING SOME !

Iam beeming , so happy Thank U so much Bleach for helping me out .Your a true Player :D

i was looking for info on my turbo i found this link .

mines not red but that is it .

http://www.saabperformanceparts.com/item111.htm