HybridZ

LS7 engine swap pics

A couple of questions for you if you don't mind. First, did you get your swap CARB approved? If not, how will you deal with it the next time you need an inspections...if so, did you run into any major issues getting the approval? Second, do you have sponsors? I would think so based on the stickers...just wondering if that is working out well for you.

Very nice car and swap!

Mike' date='

Sweet build! I got an RX-7 now too. Do you have the build posted somewhere. Did you use Hindson? etc..

Also how did you get treated at SCC?

Cool Deal.[/quote']

The engine subframe started out as a Hinson part. And then I moved it back and down to make room for the 90mm TB and 4" cold air. The trans mount, cooling system are from JTR. I have some buildup pictures posted on torquecentral.com.

Also how did you get treated at SCC?

Lets just say that they do not like v8's. The MPG test was done in stop and go LA trafic. And I have the only v8 in the contest but I still pulled off mid 20's MPG in trafic. The drag race was done on a track that had alot of sand on the track to favor all of the AWD cars.

• Like 1

A couple of questions for you if you don't mind. First' date=' did you get your swap CARB approved? If not, how will you deal with it the next time you need an inspections...if so, did you run into any major issues getting the approval? Second, do you have sponsors? I would think so based on the stickers...just wondering if that is working out well for you.

Very nice car and swap![/quote']

I have a few sponsors.

JTR They have helped alot on the buildup with parts and info.

Nitto Tires Free NT01 tires

Endless brakes AutoRND

Raceshop Oval exhaust and CM roll cage

Orinda Shell-----Joey He let me use the shop and tools from time to time. We also aligned my car 1 day before the event.

The MPG test was done in stop and go LA trafic. And I have the only v8 in the contest but I still pulled off mid 20's MPG in trafic.

The Drag strip test was done with a track that had alot of sand on the track to favor all of the AWD cars. When we went to the road course my car was right at home. I can not post too much info until the Magazine comes out with the results. I have alot of video that I will post in 2 months.

Turbohoses never got back in touch with me. Sooo I decided to go with Justin. For those of you that don't know Justin, He owns Samberg Rod and Custom in Bencia. He did all of the fabricating and metal work on Darius's Z. Maybe LS1240Z will chime in here. We talked about 3" oval off the headers to a resonator, to 3.5 round, to a round Magnaflo out the back, Similiar to yours and Mike's. Oh yea, all stainless!

JOEY

HA HA HA!!!! LS1 240Z!! I will have the best of both worlds with in the month!!! Meaning my LS1 Z has been on the road for about a year and a half. The car is a work of art and goes like hell. The 95 FD will be super nice and sport 100 more rwhp and 100 more foot pounds of torque. I kind of consider it a modern day version of the Z. Soon to be completed!

JOEY

• 3 months later...
Guest cenaiko
I know that this is a Datsun site but wanted to let people know what I have been up to. And yes I still love the Z-Cars..

1993 rx7

ls7 t56

510rwhp right now.

Pictures are from Sports Compact Cars USCC that I was competing in 2 weeks ago.

Video RX7 vs 680RWHP Skyline

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/57d56a78-98fc-4b08-9427-981b011a528e.htm

My car is set up for road Racing but it still runs ok at the drag strip.

Best so far 10.5@136mph NA This was done with 620lbs springs on the car.

Kauai_2006_048.jpg

Kauai_2006_042.jpg

Kauai_2006_038.jpg

Kauai_2006_021.jpg

Kauai_2006_016.jpg

Kauai_2006_015.jpg

Kauai_2006_014.jpg

Kauai_2006_005.jpg

Hi, im so very interested in what im :eek: here, i would like to know if you did the swap including everything yourself, and whats your rear end, is it stock? What about the drive shaft, is it custom make with heavy duty u-joints, ect? and how in the f*** did you manage to get dry sump in there and hooked up, is wet sump possible? Are you able to fit aftermarket headers in there, (lets say lgmotorsports.com's longtubeheaders.) Do you have a tremec or ssr t56 tranny in there and if so any problems hooking up to the ls7? what about shifter location? did you encounter any problems of any sort along the way of the build, how was the wiring issues, did you use grannysspeedshop.com? any fabrication, welding, or cutting envolved? what about engine mounts, tranny mounts? what did you use for a selection of gears or gearing ratios? you must have crossmembers? could i have a detailed list of everything that was involved and the price please,

Thanks man, thanks alot, i apprciate it alot, thank you so very very much. as this could mean a dream come true for me.:2thumbs::icon14:, you could email me to.

Hi, im so very interested in what im :eek: here, i would like to know if you did the swap including everything yourself, and whats your rear end, is it stock? What about the drive shaft, is it custom make with heavy duty u-joints, ect? and how in the f*** did you manage to get dry sump in there and hooked up, is wet sump possible? Are you able to fit aftermarket headers in there, (lets say lgmotorsports.com's longtubeheaders.) Do you have a tremec or ssr t56 tranny in there and if so any problems hooking up to the ls7? what about shifter location? did you encounter any problems of any sort along the way of the build, how was the wiring issues, did you use grannysspeedshop.com? any fabrication, welding, or cutting envolved? what about engine mounts, tranny mounts? what did you use for a selection of gears or gearing ratios? you must have crossmembers? could i have a detailed list of everything that was involved and the price please,

Thanks man, thanks alot, i apprciate it alot, thank you so very very much. as this could mean a dream come true for me.:2thumbs::icon14:, you could email me to.

That is alot of questions. Start by looking at Torquecentral.com

Also my car is in Nov&Dec issue of sports compact car magazine. They give a build sheet on the car.

JTR sales LT headers

Mounting kit from Hinson.

I use to have the stock rear end but I am now using 2004 mustang Cobra 8.8

I am using a wet sump oil pan

T56 trans