HybridZ

New Wheels on, had to cut fenders... ZG Flares??

I put on the Sportmax 02 15x8's with 225/50-15's on the front, and 245/50-15's on the back. I'm pretty sure 225's would've cleared, but I wanted more tire than that.

The 245's rubbed pretty bad. Rolling the lip helped a lot, but still rubbed sometimes. I had to finally cut the fenders out about 3/4" to make them clear at the top area.

I'm thinking ZG flares. Are there any smaller flares available? Will my wheels look inset too deep with ZG's on there?

This is how it sits currently:

cutfenders.jpg

cutfenders2.jpg

im pretty sure you could have gotten away with a roll and a bit of a pull.... i deinfetly would have changed tire sizes before i went as far as cutting my fenders. those wheels with zg's are going to be way sunken, if you do go that route at least get some spacers to try and push them out a bit... also, dont forget to weld the fender where you cut it.

Now what do you think about this car:

DSC00398.JPG

It appears that the front and rear have the skinny ZG flares... maybe two sets of front flares??

Here's another one who is at the same event with the wide rears:

DSC00396.JPG

(just a sidenote, that blue car is ridiculously fast)

So If I were to get 4 front flares, could I make it work?

I now wish I had wider angle shots of those cars.

ive got a set of front CF ZG flares from max, since he only used the rear ZGs on his 240sx, call me tomorrow and ill be sure to ask him how much he wants for the front pair.

Oh F'in A!!

I will be calling you early!!!