HybridZ

anyone interested in 12.19 rotors and wilwood brakes? look inside...

Thanks Sparky. I didn't intend to go off topic in your thread, BTW. Those look like nice parts!!

Not a problem, any questions or concerns you might be having are totally within the topic. I really encourage an "open forum" of sorts about this type of thing. With all the combined knowledge and skill on this site we can really create a nice product that everyone can enjoy and be confident in.

thanks again everyone for your continuing interest and patience

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alright everyone, I've got the hat in hand and it just needs a wee bit of tweaking before its ready, I will post some pictures ASAP.

Z31 people, good news is that the hat will fit on the Z31 hub. bad news is that it will require an entirely different caliper adapter. another thing that is bothering me is the offset of the face of the hub in relation to the rotor surface... in other words, if you chose to use this hat on the Z31 hub you may find yourself on a long search for wheels with the proper clearence, and that leads me to another issue...

15" turbo swats will NOT fit, its close...but Plan to run a MIN. 16" wheel. While most of us plan on running larger wheels anyway, I know there were a few of you that wanted to stick with 15"s (I was one of them) sorry guys, I was really hopefull that they would clear. it might be possible to run a wheel spacer to gain the clearence needed but that might put the wheel in fender rubbing range. One possible solution would be to run a smaller diameter rotor and fab a new caliper bracket, lets keep this in mind and see what we can come up with!

more updates to come, I'm currently at school right now but plan to head to the shop tomorrow to do some more work on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any updates? i'm getting antsy.

Hey Everyone, Don't count me out just yet! :) I'm working on a huge project right now and its been given a priority. sorry to say that MY poor planning and MY poor planning alone has left me scrambling to finish some prior commitments. One of those commitments are the brake kits, but I refuse to compromise on quality or fitment in order to meet a loose deadline. I hope everyone understands and trusts that come saturday night (I promise :) ) I will have detailed pictures and good news and holiday cheer for all.

I've been working on a design project for a local private school for the last two months, all my work and sleepless nights in the studio culminate on friday morning at 8am when I walk into the schools auditorium and present my design in front of the faculty, students, and financiers. Needless to say it takes alot more of my time than I would like, but its necessary to work hard at this stage if I want to be a successful Architect in the near future.

I know that I've said in the past that I would have this ready by X time, or photos at Y time only to disappoint when that time comes...I really wanted to thank everyone for your patience and encouragement. stick around for just one more week and we will get this ball rolling at a steady pace.

I hope he is still alive after that presentation today.

barely :)

I've had roughly 8 hours of sleep TOTAL for the last 6 days and i'm pooped.

I did manage to make it out to the shop though and did some loose test fitting.

36308.jpg it needs a bit of tweaking but we are well on our way. I'm actually going to sleep for next 18 hours, but when I awake from my coma I will answer some recent questions. :)