HybridZ

anyone interested in 12.19 rotors and wilwood brakes? look inside...

not yet, I know Andrew has been extremely busy lately, but I anticipate that I will see it on my door step by early next week. after that I can bolt it up and double triple check the measurements before we produce them. Sorry that this is taking a bit longer than we first anticipated, but I want to make sure that everything is just right, the last thing that anybody needs is to pay good money for something that doesn't fit properly. anything less than perfect is unacceptable. :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

well,

I think this project is dead, or at least mostly dead

Andrew has not gotten back to me yet, and I am about to move to Italy for four months. It would be next to impossible to get everything situated in the next 10 days and once I'm gone it will be difficult to answer questions or take care of problems.

My suggestion for those that want a brake kit ASAP is to buy one from Juan, AKA JSK innovations. I don't know why he has started making the kits again, but he is. http://www.autobrakeworks.com/datsun.htm Our kit is of a slightly different design, and does not come with nuts and bolts, so for 50$ more you can buy his kit with everything you need. He even has the 300ZX five lug kit now for 80$ more.

So, I don't know what to say...I would have liked to have seen this project through and offered something to the HybridZ and general Z car community, but it appears that this project is no more. Sorry everyone..If I had affordable and reliable access to a local machine shop I would simply try and make it happen myself. I don't though, and chances are even if I did I would not be able to offer them at a competitive price point.

I really want to thank everyone for their interest and suggestions, I was very excited and was genuinely looking forward to doing this for everyone.

Sorry if I let anyone down...

Here is the e-mail response I recieved back from http://www.autobrakeworks.com/datsun.htm

"

Hi Justin,

Photos attached.

We have changed and improved a few things on the hat. Hats are made smaller and also have taps inserted into the aluminum which is then strengthen with helicoil inserts. So there is no need for nuts to hold on the rotor. Just the bolt.

Another thing.. The caliper you will receive are Wilwood's latest forged Superlites. The one shown are their old Superlite 2a which they don't make anymore.

I can accept paypal,credit card, or money order

Juan Henriquez

910 19th St. #2

Watervliet NY 12189

Paypal or credit card can be done through my website checkout.

Thanks for your interest.

"

Picture_1073.jpg

Picture_1067.jpg

Picture_1076.jpg

I have messaged JSK asking about the front 12.19X1.25 four piston brake kit in group buy setup for 5+ persons... awaiting response.

UPDATE:

No group buy. Here is what Juan said:

"Unfortunatly I can not. I contacted my parts supplier and they couldn't knock off anything less for me. I tried all possible ways to do this. Our parts do not compromise quality and you are getting well recognized Wilwood brakes.

You can save buy just purchasing my adapter setup for $249.99. The remaining hardware will only cost you $445 from www.pitstopusa.com

Thats a total of $695. Shipping between me and www.pitstopusa.com will not cost you more than $30

Versus my $769.99 and $65 for shipping.

WIL160-2894 right rotor

WIL160-2895 left rotor

WIL120-7429-X calipers (don't forget left and right!)

lines ALL48112 x 2

Metric adapters EAR989545 x 2

Caliper line flares AERFBM2511 x 2

brake pads HAWHB101M800"

Hope that helps. Your total before ordering should be $445.15 I believe.

• 1 month later...

so you are telling me that I can get a BAD ASS front brake kit for less than 500.00..........

What about brakeing byass with this matched to the factory rears?

is there a kit that can be put together for the rears as well?

I have two "valves" persay on the brakes that I have on this car that help to shutter the brakes to keep them from locking up....anyone know how this will effect the system?

• 2 weeks later...
well,

I think this project is dead, or at least mostly dead

Andrew has not gotten back to me yet, and I am about to move to Italy for four months. It would be next to impossible to get everything situated in the next 10 days and once I'm gone it will be difficult to answer questions or take care of problems.

My suggestion for those that want a brake kit ASAP is to buy one from Juan, AKA JSK innovations. I don't know why he has started making the kits again, but he is. http://www.autobrakeworks.com/datsun.htm Our kit is of a slightly different design, and does not come with nuts and bolts, so for 50$ more you can buy his kit with everything you need. He even has the 300ZX five lug kit now for 80$ more.

So, I don't know what to say...I would have liked to have seen this project through and offered something to the HybridZ and general Z car community, but it appears that this project is no more. Sorry everyone..If I had affordable and reliable access to a local machine shop I would simply try and make it happen myself. I don't though, and chances are even if I did I would not be able to offer them at a competitive price point.

I really want to thank everyone for their interest and suggestions, I was very excited and was genuinely looking forward to doing this for everyone.

Sorry if I let anyone down...

I just read this and it seemed like a really great idea until I got to the end of the thread :(. It was a good shot while it lasted. I pictured the DYI kit and assemble it on your own. Cost wise its pretty close to Dave's kit so I might be giving him a call. Hey you did a good attempt on trying to help everyone out.