HybridZ

anyone interested in 12.19 rotors and wilwood brakes? look inside...

Hello everyone,

This is a quick post about some CNC Aluminium rotor hats and caliper brackets that I am having made up by a member here (coldfusion) These hats will allow you to run a 1.25 thick by 12.19 rotor along with the caliper of your choice in a 3.5 inch mount.

We are looking at assembling a package that includes two (2) hats for use on the S30 chassis (240Z guys must switch to 280Z hubs.) (in your order I can provide a set of 280Z hubs at a reasonable price.) AND two (2) steel caliper brackets for 3.5 inch calipers.

Calipers, Rotors, Lines and all hardware will be left to the end user to select, there are lots of options out there and this kit will allow you to select anything from mild to wild, budget to full blown blingtastictude.

Again, this is a very quick post to just start the ball rolling so we can get an idea of who all is interested. We wont be making these things forever so get em while you can. PM any questions or post them here, but I wont be able to get back to you for the next two days (school starts tomorrow). I will do my best to address any concerns or questions you may have and will be compilling notes for a post in the group buy section on thursday.

thanks everyone!

Also, If somebody wants to step up and help locate the best online source for hardware it would be most appreciated.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's pretty good. Cheaper than JSK was if I recall correctly. I think I pieced my whole front brake setup together for about $575 through JSK, http://www.behrents.com, and http://www.pitstopusa.com. In particular I think the pitstopusa price on the Superlite IIA was the best at $105: http://www.pitstopusa.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=3662

Thanks Andrew for answering all the questions.

as far as price of calipers and rotors, berhents.com is where I ordered everything from, I went with the billet NDL at 124.00$ and the UL 12.19 curved directional vane rotor at around 36$ each. With the lines we are looking at less than 600$ for the front set!

barring any unforeseen issues I should have a complete setup to take photots very soon. As soon as I do I will post them and try to answer some questions I've been getting about min. inner wheel diameter needed to clear the package.

thanks again for the comments and interest!

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between a 280z hub and a 240z hub. Unfortunately I just got my 240z hubs a new set of bearings, lugs, and grease, so I am kind of bummed out. :S

Also, where does one order the 3.5" Steel brake caliper brackets you are talking about, are they a standard?

Just out of curiosity what is the difference between a 280z hub and a 240z hub. Unfortunately I just got my 240z hubs a new set of bearings' date=' lugs, and grease, so I am kind of bummed out. :S

Also, where does one order the 3.5" Steel brake caliper brackets you are talking about, are they a standard?[/quote']

The hub offsets are different, and the "kit" will come with the steel caliper brackets so no worries there. :)