HybridZ

anyone interested in 12.19 rotors and wilwood brakes? look inside...

Any chance of doing hats with a five lug bolt pattern, or leaving them blank?

Actually on the front end of a Z car the bolt pattern is determined by the hub itself...I am going to look to see if the 300zx Z31 hub will work with this setup or not. If not, and there is enough interest I could see the possibility of a small batch for the Z31 hubs.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The hub offsets are different, and the "kit" will come with the steel caliper brackets so no worries there. :)

Oh I see. Are the 240z hubs spacing the rotor farther out? If so will you guys plan on making a spacer to work on 240z hubs? Or does the 280z hub mount the rotor farther out, making a spacer impossible?

interested. anodized. if youre making rear brakets too, and if they'd be usable with rear brakes that somehow have a parking brake...i'll be down for two..

Chances are we will not be making kits for the rear. Only time will tell though so dont discount us just yet. :)

bump, lets get this project rolling! anyone else interested?

Thanks for the bump!

Once I get some pictures of the assembled kit I'm sure more people will jump on board. Look for them by mid week, after that we hope to start taking orders by next weekend! :):rockon:

if you do end up making rear brakets it'd be nice to see some with provisions for wilwood spots so we can have parking brakes with big brakes.

it would be nice to be able to incorporate some sort of parking brake system, but from what I've heard (there is actually a topic on this right now) the wilwood spots are troublesome at best. the best bet for the rears would probably be the 240SX option if you wanted a parking brake...

I will look into other options, but at this point in time it looks to be a project for the distant future.

Sorry for reposting, but does anyone know if there is a reasonable way to adapt these to 240z front hubs? Spacers?

I will look into this for you when I get the hats. Im 99% sure that there isnt a way to safely adapt to the 240Z hubs. BUT, you never know, something may come of it!

The problem with the 240Z hubs is that they are 9mm thinner.

So, the rotor adapter will have to be 9mm thicker, to get the same rotor offset.

According to my calculations, you would have to start with approximately 1" thick alumimum stock to machine the proper thickness adapter.

If you've ever priced 6061 flat stock, you would see that it's just more economical to go with the 280Z hubs. The brake assembly would probably be lighter as well, if you use the 280Z hubs.

Do the rotors sit in the same location when you convert to the z31 hub??? I'm thinking about going to the z31 hub on my ls1 car to have more wide wheel choices....If so I'm interested in one of each lug pattern...Thanks for what you guys are doing..

Thats something I'm looking into early next week...It would be nice, but I'm not counting on success. I'm hoping that they will as I really want to convert to five lug but until I get a Z31 hub and strut assembly in my hand I just cant answer that question.

Thanks to the members of Hybridz.org for all the support! We couldnt do this without you.

Well since I am into putting square pegs into round holes :D basically all you are saying is a spacer of 9mm is needed? I could get that made locally probably. Did I understand correctly or am I going crazy?

I wish it was that easy :( and yes, your going crazy.

:)

Let me get all the bits together and in front of me. its possible a solution may present itself, but in all honesty, something about adding a spacer just doesnt sit well with me.

hmmm....