HybridZ

anyone interested in 12.19 rotors and wilwood brakes? look inside...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
We're just waiting for the stuff to get to Sparky right now. Soon as he gives the okay, production will start.

Is this a turn-key (all parts included) sans the 280 hubs? What's the total price?

Is this a turn-key (all parts included) sans the 280 hubs? What's the total price?

As of now we are looking at having the end user supply all the needed bolts and nuts along with a set of 280Z hubs. A pair of hats along with a pait of brackets will be 200$.

As of now we are looking at having the end user supply all the needed bolts and nuts along with a set of 280Z hubs. A pair of hats along with a pait of brackets will be 200$.

Why not supply a turn-key kit with everything we'll need? That's the way to sell your wares... make it easy and fool-proof. You could offer it both ways for those who have the time and inclination to track down their own parts. Me... I want the easy/quick way.

because alot of people here don't want the same thing. This allows whatever you want with minimal price... I don't know about you but my pockets arn't deep enough to go buy a complete kit from Ross otherwise I would have done so. If i had the 200 I'd buy a set in a heartbeat guys... I should have some spare change next summer :(

because alot of people here don't want the same thing. This allows whatever you want with minimal price... I don't know about you but my pockets arn't deep enough to go buy a complete kit from Ross otherwise I would have done so. If i had the 200 I'd buy a set in a heartbeat guys... I should have some spare change next summer :(
I second this...order yours from modern motorsports....:icon14:

Okay, okay... I'm a dillweed:redface:

I'm still learning. The more I learn the less I know. I'm selling stuff for the funds to work on my Hybrid-Z. I really don't have the time time to mess with locating all the little parts:?

Time is money. If one person does all the research and tweaking, then puts all the kits together... say 30 of them... he has divided all that time spent by a factor of 30, right? He can then charge an additional $33 per kit beyond the actual cost of the parts and bolts. So... he's just made an extra $1000 for his efforts AND most of us will be happy to pay him that $33 for his time, right?

Of course, this doesn't solve the "not everybody wants the same thing" issue. Maybe 3 or 4 kit options:confused:

they told us already what parts we could use, and where to get them, what more do you want? I'd much rather save the "$33", and shop around myself, its not that hard.

I meant no critism to Sparky.

I work a lot and I care for an elderly parent with health issues and dementia. I just don't have the time time to track down a bunch of parts. In fact, I'll probably pay someone else to install them for me. If Sparky doesn't want to put a full kit togather, that's fine... no criticism from me. I just threw this out there as an option.

What exactly is your time worth if you spend 6 hours tracking down parts to save $33? About $5 an hour? It's just a matter of eliminating duplicated efforts. If Sparky spends 6 hours doing the same thing for 30 people and makes $1000, that's $167 per hour he can make.

It's just a thought guys. Flame me if you want.

6 hours???

I really don't know how long it'll take to track down the parts. It was just a throwing a figure out there. Assuming one must locate the parts via telephone, then travel 4 places and wait in line, etc. I just guessed. I'm sure I'm wrong... wouldn't be the first time:)

No criticism taken :)

There are several fantastic aftermarket Z parts suppliers already in business providing great products and great prices, this run of hats and adapters are meant for the notoriously thrifty Z car enthusiasts that wish to piece together their own kit on their own time without having to drop 700$ at once. I'm not trying to compete with the existing vendors nor do I want too. For the DIY'r that may have certain parts in hand already or that may need to modify it to their unique setup I feel this kit is ideal

I've also offered to supply a set of 280Z hubs for those that really need it. It will take a little longer to ship and the cost of shipping hubs negates what cost or time savings one might see in the end, it really is better to just take your time and grab parts while you can, or save your dough and buy from Ross or Dave.

Thanks Sparky. I didn't intend to go off topic in your thread, BTW. Those look like nice parts!!

No criticism taken :)

There are several fantastic aftermarket Z parts suppliers already in business providing great products and great prices' date=' this run of hats and adapters are meant for the notoriously thrifty Z car enthusiasts that wish to piece together their own kit on their own time without having to drop 700$ at once. I'm not trying to compete with the existing vendors nor do I want too. For the DIY'r that may have certain parts in hand already or that may need to modify it to their unique setup I feel this kit is ideal

I've also offered to supply a set of 280Z hubs for those that really need it. It will take a little longer to ship and the cost of shipping hubs negates what cost or time savings one might see in the end, it really is better to just take your time and grab parts while you can, or save your dough and buy from Ross or Dave.

.[/quote']