HybridZ

Spindle-Pin-Puller Loaner program

The old thread was accidently deleted so we will just start a new one. To borrow a puller it will cost $20. The $20 is not a deposit, the money covers Priority Mail postage to you and prepaid postage to send the tool back.

All I ask is that when you request a tool that your ready to use it and it gets returned ASAP so others will have a chance to borrow it.

To return the tool all you will need to do is place the prepaid label on the Priority Mail box and set it out for the postman. There is no need to make a trip to the post office.

jtmny1999 has just used the tool and is sending it back. He said that it took a total of 10 ten minutes to pull both spindle pins. If all goes well it is a easy job, however some pins can be real nasty.

veritech-z was the last one to request a puller so the puller will soon be heading his way. At the moment this is the only loaner available unless some of the others start to turn up.

To request a puller just reply to this thread and send me a PM.

I'm still interested

veritech-z your next in line and the puller should be here Thursday 08/31/06 and ready to send to to you the same day. PM me if a delivery date of Saturday or Tuesday will work since Monday the 4th is a holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished with the puller tonight and will drop it off at the post office tomorrow. I pulled 4 pins with only the one issue. This tool worked amazingly well! And Dave has definitely been awesome to work with.

As for the issue I mentioned above, I had an issue with one of my spindle pins where one of the threaded ends was slightly bent. I had bought rear 280 suspension assemblies and the nuts on the pins were already removed. I didn't realize one of the threaded ends was slightly bent until it was too late. When using a wrench to start turning the end nut to pull the pin, the puller pulled through the threads on the pin. I had messed up the threads in the puller and on the pin itself...

I emailed Dave about it and he immediately sent replacement parts so that I could get the pin pulled. I was surprised at how quickly I got the replacement parts.

Thanks greatly, Dave!!

I have the spindle pin puller back and ready to send out. To borrow a puller it will cost $20. The $20 is not a deposit, the money covers Priority Mail postage to you and prepaid postage to send the tool back.

All I ask is that when you request a tool that your ready to use it and it gets returned ASAP so others will have a chance to borrow it.

To return the tool all you will need to do is place the prepaid label on the Priority Mail box and set it out for the postman. There is no need to make a trip to the post office.

Dave,

I will papal 20.00 to you later this evening.

BTW, I still need a top rear strut mount for my 75 280.

If anyone has one please let me know asap. I posted this request in the classifieds,but I`m not sure how many people check them regularly.

Thanks,Denny

I have the spindle pin puller back and ready to send out. To borrow a puller it will cost $20. The $20 is not a deposit, the money covers Priority Mail postage to you and prepaid postage to send the tool back.

Just got a PM from Denny that he has his pins out and did not need the puller after all.

So the puller is still here and ready to send any time.

• 1 month later...
Guest beaddds

Dave,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction with regard to the spindle puller loaner program. I joined the site last night. You guys have a great deal to offer here. I would like to get on the list for the loaner program, but I am a little unsure as to the PM terminology. If you can clear this up for me, I would like to complete the transaction as soon as possible.

Thank you again for leading me to hybridz.

Regards,

Paul

BEADDDS

• 1 month later...

Guys there is one on Ebay right now with 3 days left on the bid if you're interested. I saw it while searching z stuff http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240Z-280Z-Datsun-Rear-Spindle-Pin-Strut-Pin-Puller_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42609QQihZ002QQitemZ120065992960QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW I dont know the seller and have nothing to do with this listing just FYI if anyone wants to buy one.....