HybridZ

Spindle-Pin-Puller Loaner program

Guest 240 Al

Hi Dave, Well, I don't mind waiting my turn, but it hacks me off that three people haven't returned the pullers!

It seems to me they're taking advantage of your kindness. They are definately screwing over the other members that need to use them.

Come on Guy's get those pullers back to Dave! I need to borrow one! You're holding up the program!

240 Al

Hi Dave, Well, I don't mind waiting my turn, but it hacks me off that three people haven't returned the pullers!

It seems to me they're taking advantage of your kindness. They are definately screwing over the other members that need to use them.

Come on Guy's get those pullers back to Dave! I need to borrow one! You're holding up the program!

240 Al

Got one of the pullers back today, but you may have to wait your

turn since a couple members posted before you. Need to see if they

are still needing it.

I see that you are also in Portland, I sent you a PM.

Guest 240 Al

Thanks Dave! I don't mind waiting my turn. Who ever is next, please chime in!

There's still two more pullers out there. Looks like you're going to have to send the "Goon Squad" out and light a fire under their A$$e$ !!!

240 Al

"Weight is the Enemy!"

I am still waiting (patiently), and could definitely still use the puller! Thanks!!!

Looking back through the thread it looks like your next in line.

The loaner cost will still be the same $25.00. That is not a

deposit, it only covers shipping both ways. With the tool you

will get a pre-paid return label so all you do is put it back in

the box, put the label on it and set it out for the postman.

If you break it let me know and I will send out the parts

to get you back in business, there is no extra charge for

this.

I have decided to offer a option to spending $25 for the loaner to ship

it both ways. Don't panic I still do the loaner program.

For $26.50 shipping included in the States you can buy the 1" x 12"

long threaded core that is drilled and tapped for the 12-1.25mm

spindle pin. The parts you need to furnish and will be cheap for

you locally are a piece of 1" x 10" long galvanized (Water) or

black (gas) pipe, 2 each 1" hardened washers and a 1" nut. I weld

one washer to the end of the pipe but that is not needed at all.

The core is the same one I use on all my pullers I sell here and on

ebay. The secret to this core is the type of Helicoil I use in the

end. My core failures were caused when I changed to Perma-Coil

brand inserts.

1 Inch Core-2_thumb.JPG

1 Inch Core-1_thumb.JPG

Thanks Dave! I don't mind waiting my turn. Who ever is next, please chime in!

There's still two more pullers out there. Looks like you're going to have to send the "Goon Squad" out and light a fire under their A$$e$ !!!

240 Al

"Weight is the Enemy!"

Looks like your next in line, the "The Chiropractor" went with core offer. Since your here in town if you want to pick the puller up there is no shipping involved. On another note, the second missing puller has turned up and should be heading back shortly.

Guest 240 Al

Thanks Dave that's good news on both accounts. I'll be in touch!

By the way, where is the third one?

240 Al

"Weight is the Enemy!"

Thanks Dave that's good news on both accounts. I'll be in touch!

By the way, where is the third one?

240 Al

"Weight is the Enemy!"

If it works for you go ahead and swing by this weekend and pick up the puller.

About that third one "Its long gone never to return" that is all that needs to be said in the forum. I don't want to see this turn into a witch hunt.

I need to have a accurate record of the member that borrows the puller and when its back posted to the forum, that is where I was sloppy in the past.

Any request to use the puller needs to be posted to the forum but personal information such as Email address, phone numbers and mailing addresses have to be done through PM.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both TStewart and highflyer have bought the core instead of going the loaner route. For about $6 more than the loaner cost you can have the heart of the puller. All of the pieces needed to finish the puller are available at any hardware store.

Here is the parts needed info link.

http://www.v8-240z.com/Files/Datsun/Spindle-Pin-Puller/Packaged%20Directions/Spindle-Pin-Puller-Parts-Needed.rtf

Here are the directions that come with the tool.

http://www.v8-240z.com/Files/Datsun/Spindle-Pin-Puller/Packaged%20Directions/Spreader-Drawing-2.htm

http://www.v8-240z.com/Files/Datsun/Spindle-Pin-Puller/Packaged%20Directions/eBay%20Pullers.rtf

http://www.v8-240z.com/Files/Datsun/Spindle-Pin-Puller/Packaged%20Directions/Puller%20Instructions.doc

The loaner program is still running, I just thought I would give another option.

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a question for ALL of you. Obviously, I don't wanna wait to borrow a tool to get things done, so I sprayed the hell out of the nuts, spaces between the strut assembly and control arm and also into the lock pin area after removing it.

So I removed one of the nuts, pulled the washer and rubber, then put the nut back on, slid a 12 or 13mm socket over the bolt and up against the nut. I smacked it with my BFH (Big Fricken Hammer) and it moved in about 1/4". So I backed the nut off a little and did it again.

Needless to say, I used an 8" long, 3/8" rachet extension and popped it all the way out. This worked for both sides. So my question is....... Has ANYBODY ever removed their spindle pins as easy as BOTH of mine came out?

Everything is Original and never removed in 34 2/3 years.

Dave.

DSC05133_thumb.JPG

DSC05138_thumb.JPG

DSC05137_thumb.JPG