HybridZ

Spindle-Pin-Puller Loaner program

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are unable to acquire the tool you can use a hydraulic press as well, it just requires removal of the A-arm/Control arm along with the strut assembly and probably a second person's assistance to balance things while setting up the press. I have found that a large socket 1/2" drive works to support the bottom of it, and you will want several dowels approximately the diameter of the spindle pin in 1" increments from 1-6" to use on the top to press the spindle out. If anyone wants I can take a few pictures when I do the other side.

If you are unable to acquire the tool you can use a hydraulic press as well, it just requires removal of the A-arm/Control arm along with the strut assembly and probably a second person's assistance to balance things while setting up the press. I have found that a large socket 1/2" drive works to support the bottom of it, and you will want several dowels approximately the diameter of the spindle pin in 1" increments from 1-6" to use on the top to press the spindle out. If anyone wants I can take a few pictures when I do the other side.

Please do. I don't have a press but I'm sure if I take pictures they will be able to do it no problem at the shop I goto.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I now have a completed spindle pin puller for Rental or Purchase.

Rental $20.00 with a $20.00 deposit plus 10.35 shipping (Deposit returned when tool is returned) purchase is 35.00 plus 10.35 shipping U.S. only international shipping charges are much higher, and can be quoted on request

PM or email jtburf@swbell.net

Thanks,

John

DSC01218_thumb.jpg

DSC01219_thumb.jpg

DSC01220_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to chime in and recommend John for the puller rental/purchase. I purchased one this weekend. I sent payment via Paypal on Saturday and the puller arrived on Monday! That's great service!

Haven't used it yet, but I can tell from the design it will work great. I will be glad to have it as I'm building my GTO/ Velo Rossa, I'll likely pull the spindles a few times getting the ride height and spring rate correct.

Thank you John.

Michael

I wanted to chime in and recommend John for the puller rental/purchase. I purchased one this weekend. I sent payment via Paypal on Saturday and the puller arrived on Monday! That's great service!

Haven't used it yet, but I can tell from the design it will work great. I will be glad to have it as I'm building my GTO/ Velo Rossa, I'll likely pull the spindles a few times getting the ride height and spring rate correct.

Thank you John.

Michael

Good to see the mail service can still be trusted...lol...

I sent a short set of instructions and if you have any more questions just let me know.

Mods, if this post in not in the proper location please let me know I only chose to keep it tied to a old spindle tool thread.

Thanks for the kind words,

John

• 1 month later...