HybridZ

Ga. piddler    10

hello!

I just loged on for the first time. I have been into a 260z project for about 2 very slow years. I have just finished the mounts for the 351 windsor and t5. I've pulled them out to touch up the engin compartment. when i learn more about this page I plan to have pictures. any help will be apreciated.

Are you referring to the two wires that are in the 'T' style connector? I think they just run to the voltage regulator which in turn go to the voltage gauge to turn on the 'charging' led. I didn't hook them up in my 78, and everything still works fine. (edit: Perhaps the yellow wire goes to the 'brake warning lamp check relay'. This should light when the engine is not turning over, but the ignition is on. This info per the 77 FSM.)

76_z_alt.jpg

You can get the full wiring diagram here--> Top link is 76 PDF, Bottom link is 76 GIF.

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/wiringdiagrams/76_280z_wiring.pdf

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/wiringdiagrams/76_280z_wiring.gif

Edited by yellowoctupus

LMoore56    10

A 351W / 5.8L will clear the hood, you just have to lower it down a little. I'm going to be running a 387 Clevor in mine. A 3.85 stroke with a standard bore, Boss 302 pistons and heads, with the Edelbrock intake to match, then a 750 Holley, and long tube headers that have reworked to clear my frame rails.

Old school cool with the Clevor.  I thought about it on my Mustang, but figured they'd hurt my tight engine bay worse than the stock heads do already.  I didn't realize Edelbrock was making a manifold for the old Cleveland heads.  What's the advantage of the Cleveland heads over say the GT40's? 

Edited by yellowoctupus

LMoore56    10

Well the GT40's have smaller ports and valves. They are 1.84"/1.54" where the heads I'm going with have or are going to have are 2.19"/1.73". I have one set of Boss 302, one set Quinch 4V 351C, one set Open 4V 351C, and a couple of the 2 barrel heads. Then I have two sets of the forged TRW 10.5:1. and one set forged TRW 12:1 pistons. I've been sick for awhile, so I haven't had a chance to check the clearance on the piston skirt yet. If it doesn't, i'll buy a new set of SRP pistons for the Boss 302 that I've found. I'm going to use the 6.03" rods from the 302C from Austrailia. I have two sets of those, or I may buy a set of the 6.00" SBC H beam rods, and have my crank turned to match them. I want to check the clearance on the skirts before I buy any thing.

My dyno program shows around 550hp & 540 tq at the flywheel. 

amuscato77    0

Hey I just picked up a 351/WorldClass T5 combo for my 260z how did you mount the motor in the bay? did you go the SBF truck mount route? Or did you custom fab the mounts. EIther way very nice build and I can't wait to see more of it

Edited by amuscato77

LMoore56    10

Yes I used the 94 F150 sbf mounts with a custom fabbed cross member out of 1 1/2" x 3" tubing, the mounting points out of 1/4" plate. I have made so many changes, it's getting hard to remember them all. I just had Right shoulder surgery, so it's going to be awhile before I can get back,on the car, with too many health problems slowing me down.