HybridZ

"alcohol fuel" somebody help me

Guest Bird_s12

Crap, your doing what I wanted to do EFI with methanol, the good meth.

Well, depending on where your tank is and you hp level, you'll need at least a -8 line and a return line as well. Probably for your engines capability the A1000 efi pump will suffice. I bought a boost referenced aeromotive 4 port regulator as well, one for return, one for gauge and two for carb, but would work for you I"m sure. Injectors, depends on what duty cycle your at now as to how large your going to have to go. But it is 1 lb/hr per HP and figure 6.34 lb/gallon. Accel makes some stainless internal alcohol compatible injectors up to 175lb/hr in both low and high impedance I think, which would put you at 700HP capability from a fuel standpoint. Make sure you run a good stainless alcohol filter, available at any circle track parts place online, mine was $50 and came with -10 fittings but -8's were available. 10 micron filter element, you can get a 5 micron as well.

The downside is that alcohol eats rubber and brass over extended periods of time. I've run it for 5 years and never had a problem but I blow all the lines out and spray penetrating oil in the inlet of the pump and carb when I have it disassembled. If you run stainless fuel rail and the aeroquip TFE race hose, it isn't nearly as much of a problem.

On a boosted application I'm told that you can expect 150 to 200 more HP over gas. So be prepared when sizing your fuel injectors. Also the engine will run cooler.

Anyone heard of issues with alcohol and aluminum lines? Not methanol, but there's a lot of people experimenting with e85 around here, mostly FI'd turbo'd, with great results. Not like running the straight stuff, but 6-8% hp gains and way cheaper than 112 gas. If your only concern is milage and price, e85 mpg drops have been around 20-30%, so price doesn't offset that of running gasoline. Wish there could be a thread dedicated to this fuel, maybe alternate fuels(?) since it looks like it might be around for a while and benefit the performance minded enthusiast.

Guest Bird_s12

thank you everbody. now I have sard injection 800cc x4 with boush 910 fuel pumps x2 ,turbo Graddy TD07,vh45 throttle body and power_fc ecu my compression about 9.8-10.I want turbo boost at 2 kg .What shound i do for methanol system? and if i use methanol with this compression and this boost how much for hp? and if who have the pic all about this or have website post it please . thank you

thank you everbody. now I have sard injection 800cc x4 with boush 910 fuel pumps x2 ,turbo Graddy TD07,vh45 throttle body and power_fc ecu my compression about 9.8-10.I want turbo boost at 2 kg .What shound i do for methanol system? and if i use methanol with this compression and this boost how much for hp? and if who have the pic all about this or have website post it please . thank you

Not sure how to convert cc rating of an injector to lb/hr since it's 600cc per what time interval. But the compression is capable of 30lb of boost provided your engine can take that much.

Don't know about those fuel pumps, whether they are alcohol compatible or flow rate of those either, but two is good.