HybridZ

R200 Removal Tools?

Z-Noob

Too many times have I arrived at a 87-89 turbo z31 to find the R200 already removed within the same day of the car being placed out there:shifty:. I want to assemble a bag of tools to leave in my truck so I can have the minimum amount needed for a fast removal and exit:D. what should I throw in there?? Thanks

I don't remember all the tools used, but just wondering which JY you go to? I'll give your question my best shot though, I would bring 2 14mm wrenches, 14mm socket, 17mm, 19mm, breaker, a pair of vice grips/channel locks, and a (forget the name) adjustable head wrench. Bring a hard head hammer as well to help in the breaking process. Your also going to want wirecutters to get rid of the brake lines and such. Hope that helps. Also search, it has been discussed.

Above (except I dont think you need 19) plus 12 mm wrenches for driveshaft bolts, 22 wrench (I think) wrench for diff to mustache nuts, lut nut wrench, prybar - two if you are taking the stub shafts out, and most importantly jackstands. I never get under a car without it being on stands.

Oh and ideally a sawzall to pull off the exhaust depending on where it's routed but that's more of a convenience item.

Cameron