HybridZ
cygnusx1

Factory Manuals - Some.

I'll go ahead and add another plaintive request for the model year 75 280Z wiring and vacuuum line info, if not the complete FSM... I have a hard copy of the 76 and it just isnt worth much to me. I am at a point where if I ever DO come across a 75 hard copy, I will mutliate it and scan it into a pdf just for the good of the people.

Electrical diagrams can be found here: http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/electrical.htm. I downloaded the 77 color schematic from Blue's site and printed a huge version that's like 3ft by 6ft and put it under thin plexiglass on the wall on my garage. I use a grease pencil to make notes on it.

Much more readable schematics are online for free at Autozone.com, but theirs are similar to Haynes or Chiltons and leave a lot of details out, like routing, connectors, regional options, etc.

And, yeah, check eBay. I got a 1976 280z FSM on CD for ~$10, a L4N71B transmission manual on cd for ~$10, and both the 1978 and 1975 FSM's in good condition for $15 a piece.

I just got a 75 and 76 FSM and will be scanning them to PDF in the upcoming weeks. They will be located on my site for download.

I also will be scanning my 79 ZX FSM and what is left of my 74 260 FSM. I have from page ET-7 on back.

the 76 FSM is already available for download in PDF format on the carfiche.com website.

As for the 75 FSM... :hail: :hail: :hail: and a :mparty: for me. or, maybe, I shouldn't count my eggs before they are hatched.

Little Update...

I have all the Z31 FSM's and Owners Manuals Done and uploaded.

They are available here:

http://www.xenonz31.com/reference.html

I have just started on the S130 manuals and am still looking for an 1980 Owners manual to complete the collection. For the S30 I have gotten the 73, 74, 75, FSM's and the 76 and 77 Owners manuals. I also have a L20a, L24 Engine Service manual Uploaded. It can be found at the below Link

http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html

the site still lists the 75 as "Waiting on scan"

Is this accurate, or will the site be updated to include a link shortly? Hate to sound like an eager kid in a candy store here, but truth is.. I've been waiting for a 75 FSM to surface on the 'net for free for ages.

1975 Datsun 280z Factory Service Manual is now available for download as a 59.8MB Zip file

Get it here

http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html

This is not a complete FSM. It is still missing the following Sections :(

BF Body

BE Body Electrical

AC Air Conditioning

SE Service Equipment

If you have this manual and would like to donate it for a week to us so we can scan these sections Please contact us at = Admin at xenonzcar.com

I hate to whine... so I am not going to. I already have two different complete 1975 wiring schematics, so it can't be THAT big of a deal, but.......

a LOT of the differences between the 75 and 76 model years were covered in the Body Electrical chapter.. which is sadly unavailable to the fine gentlman that managed to obtain the rest of it for us. Vacuum routing information and other things I know are different (although I havent taken the time to actually look at any of that compared to my 76 manual) but the BE chapter is really the keystone.

I HATE to say this, because I don't want to complain at ALL!!! My reaction is still purely one of

:hail: <---this

and not :cry2::cuss: <---this but I had to let anyone else know that there *is* a wee disappointment in that one missing chapter, AND that they can contact me and I will email them the pdfs. I haven't confirmed it to match my 75 in any particular way, but I trusted the sources from which I got them, AND they match. One appears to be a straight FSM scan, and the other looks like an ALLDATA sheet. The "ALLDATA" is clearer, and the FSM one is kinda grainy, but they agree with each other as deeply as I have examined them.

Xenon, if you would like me to email you these two files to add to the ZIP as an appendix, I'd be more than happy to.. just lemme know and I will email the address in the README file. Off the top of my head, 5, 10 megs maybe?