HybridZ

Laptops ?

Finally teardown starts this weekend !!!!! I hate that I will miss SEZ this time, hopefully I will be driving the Z to the next event. For those members who have swapped a LSX into there Zs', what laptops are you using? I will be swapping LS1/4L60 E and I am really considering the paddle shifters from twist machine and the TCI transmission controller. I know what the minimum pc requirements are for the transmission controller, but I need to know the minimum pc requirements for programming the LS1 motor? I am shopping for a middle of the road laptop new or used that will be for the Z only.

Thank you

It is finally happening yipppeee !!!!

I'm using EFI Live and an older Compaq Presario 2100 P3 900 mhz machine with no problems. Some of the older programs like LS1 edit required a true 9 pin serial port, but with the updated version of EFI live you just need the USB connection. If your intrested in seeing the program your more than welcome to come and see it. PM me and I'll give you my phone #.

Thanks DaleMX, I will PM you when I get elbows and knee deep into the swap. I will take a look at the Compaqs and HP (used / Ebay). It has been almost year since worked on the Z, next weekend engine and tranny will be ready to be pulled !!!!!!

Deja,

I will post my progress with the paddle shifters ( cost for parts and pros/cons). From the research and what my buddy has on his set-up it is very slick !!!!!!!