HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spec-v is gone, was my brothers. and the only interior reupholstery is the two front seats and the dash cap...and ive sorta had it up for sale for a while but officially put it up for sale like two weeks ago...but im really close to getting a 240sx..what ive really been after for the past two years

I replaced my weatherstrip on the top of my doors. The quarter window weatherstrips are ok, but need replacing soon. My hatch strips are toast...I've just been procrastinating. If any of you find weatherstrips...let us know, yah?

Its rather difficult to find 2+2 weatherstrips.

:( no love for 2+2 :(

• 2 weeks later...
Its rather difficult to find 2+2 weatherstrips.

:-( no love for 2+2 :-(

I understand. :( Which hatch seal are you trying to get? I need the hatch to body seal and the 3 small ones on the top on the top of the hatch

Well have to mabey figure out something where a whole bunch of people call or email precision and demand 2+2 weatherstripping.

Im not sure Ill have to look into it. I talked to Kim at Idaho Z car and they were working on a 2+2 and theyre using 3 '72 door weatherstrips, we bought 3 and Ill have them on once I get my car painted. You have to cut the weatherstripping on both sides then with the extra one fill in the missing parts.

Thats a good looking 2+2. Do you have metal bumpers or are they the fg. I got the fiberglass but Im waiting till I paint my car to put them on.

Me and my dad have been debating if we should put a black strip along the bottom like you did. Decisions decisions.

Black Dragon shows Hatch Weatherstrips for 2+2's (that's where I got mine):

$90 ouch! Coupes only $30.

My bumpers are Metal. I was lucky enough to find the center section for the rear on ebay, New in the box, for less than $20. The ends are from a 73. The front is from a 73 also. I just filled the holes with stainless "button head" allen bolts from Home Despot. All black paint on my car is Satin Black Rustoleum. I sprayed the hood, bumpers and trim. I rolled on the lower stripes.

Nice to know other 2+2's are out there. Mine is not pretty at the moment. One of these days mine will be finished.

Someday I hope mine will be finished too. Im right now trying to decide once I finish the body work if I should paint my car Dodges mettalic gray or a similar blue to 240hokes car. Ill have mostly flat black trim so Ill have to see.