HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want Id send you my old rear bumper that has a 3x3 piece cut out of it, Im sure you could fix it. You could just pay shipping.

Btw, post 562, wow. I think this is the second largest thread. Right behind the wheel group buy.

I cannot wait to drive my 2+2 on the road! I know it has holes in the floor, but that just means I can use my feet as emergency brakes!

And I still cannot get the driectionals to work....the hazards flash (except for the front passenger side, because the light itself is rotted) but the directionals wont....and yes the bulbs are new except for the side markers and the FR directional bulb. Perhaps it's the switch?

Sounds like a Flasher can. There is a seperate flasher unit (Thermal can, think silver soda can about 2 inch tall) for the hazards and the blinkers. Swap them, if your blinkers then work, it is just a case of getting a knew flasher.

Bear in mind that mine is an australian delivered car, so things may be backwards. My hazard flasher was easily seen when looking under the dash at the drivers side. However the blinker flasher was harder to see, actually I don't think I could even see it, I had to reach around and feel till I found something cold, can shape with an L shape plug. I believe it was closer to the outside of the car under the drivers dash. Hope that helps, If you get really stuck there are threads on here and on zcar with more details. I am still using my hazard flasher as a blinker flasher.

Ive got one from my parts car. Pulled it off recently to sell but the guy never came through.

i'll take it.

And thanks for the advice Garvice! I dont forsee your aussie Z being too too different, so I'll give it a shot! :mrgreen:

here is mine. it is a 76 that have been moth balled on the side of my house for 8 years. i have owned it for 10. with gas prices up, i stopped driving the armada and started getting this back up and running again with the side benifit of starting hpde classes so when the 73 race car is done, i will be on the track with it.

http://velocityracingdevelopment.com/#club-racing-az--nasa--firebird-main-f4734

all stock for now. it has a mean exhaust leak. i will get a new tuned header for it and lowering springs. i doubt i will do any other mods to it as it is my dd and will be handed down to my oldest daughter in a few years when she is able to drive. new paint will be in the works here shortly.

jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

well, i'm on hiatus as far as registering the damned thing. I've just moved and I'm waiting for the change of address to go through.

and a HUGE thank you to Derek AKA Challenger for helping me out throughout my struggle with this car by sending me parts.

and another HUGE thank you to ShaggyZ for sending me parts as well!

I need to get floormats to cover up the holes in the floors, so if I get pulled over they won't see it :)

Also anyone able to snap a picture of where the front seatbelts mount to the quarter interior panel. (silver scoop thing)? Im having some problems with fitting..

Derek,

Not exactly sure what you wanted in way of photo's. So if these are no good just let me know and I'll try to get more. Not sure how well they will help you though, because I have carpet and vinyl panels on all mine.

Front Seatbelt mount on roof

IMG_0412.jpg

Front Seatbelt mount and rewinder on floor

IMG_0411.jpg

Front Seatbelt clasp on transmission tunnel

IMG_0416.jpg

Rear Seatbelt mount on roof

IMG_0414.jpg

Rear Seatbelt mount on strut tower

IMG_0415.jpg

so.....can someone post a pic of where the blinker canister is? i got mine yesterday and cannot find the damned one that's in the car!

oh and thanks for the parts Derek, although i think you might have sent me the front side markers.....either way, i appreciate you getting them out to me in a day. you rock!!!!!!!!!!